Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Need basic DVD/MPEG ripping and editing advice
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Basically I have a DVD with some music on – want to rip one small section then turn it into an MP3/4 file I can put on my phone/iPod.

Sooo, I think the questions are:
    1) Is there S/W I can use to rip one section off a protected DVD, or
    2) Can I rip the whole DVD then edit it and
    3) What S/W do I need to edit an MP3/4 track?

Don't know if it helps but a got a free version of Ashampoo Burning Studio with a mag purchase a few months back. It will obviously rip a DVD but not sure if it will do a protected DVD, or allow me to edit

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Oh come on guys. I know that some of you out there are whizzes at this kind of thing

grumm
    Free Member

I think if you download audacity you can just set it to record whatever is playing through your soundcard at the time. You can also use it for the editing.

It's free btw.

Not sure if it will save the file as mp3 though, you might need to save it as a .wav then convert to mp3 using something like itunes.

IA

Google Handbrake.

JonW
    Free Member

DVDFab to rip and Megui to encode using ipod profile

fisha
    Free Member

audacity is worth looking at . to encode into MP3 you'll need a plug in for it, but thats widely talking about how to do it ( LAME plugin or somfink like that )

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Will definitely try Audacity and Handbrake. DVDfab sounds like it might be a bit complex for what I want

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Need basic DVD/MPEG ripping and editing advice’ is closed to new replies.