Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Need advice re consumer credit please.
  • twoniner
    Free Member

Im in a bit of a situation at the mo with my local Vauxhall dealer regarding a service plan I took out and the managment/set up fees.

long story short, I got my car serviced last november and paid for that. I then took out a service plan for service 2 & 3 which totaled £414.10.

Since December I have paid in £98.74 through monthly direct debits.

The other day I went in to transfer the service plan to my new car (no cost to do so) and I was told I have £38 in there, £60 short.

Turns out that that £60 was taken of me as a managment fee for setting up and maintaining the account. At the time I was not told this and nowhere on my service plan payment break down does it mention the managment fee amount. The T&C’s mention a management fee but not how much.

Even the service desk girl and the service manager didnt know it was £60.

If I cancel it will cost me £25 + VAT so I will end up with about £8 so it’s worth me keeping it going for the first service of the new car.

Can someone shed some light about where I stand with the missing £60 taking into account I was not aware of it. I’m on this roundabout between EMAC (service plan providers) and the dealership and I’m not getting anywhere.

Cheers in advance. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Not done the maths but circa 15% fee?!

Heres what I do with main dealer servicing. About a month before I email asking for their best price for a service.

BMWMini’s servicing pack is well worth buying but yours?! Terrible.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Need advice re consumer credit please.’ is closed to new replies.