Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • need advice on a bushing knock
  • gardron
    Free Member

ok, so riding this weekend on my Titus FTM carbon, I thought something felt ‘up’ with the back end. Finished riding, took the back wheel out and noticed that there was about 1mm of play in the drive side rear bushing/bolt.
    On-one don’t have any spares so have recommended I just put a washer in there. This sounds stupid to me, but I’m no engineer so was wondering what the consensus was?
    Also, is there anywhere that’ll sell me bolts/bushings for full-bouncy bikes if I can just measure the existing ones ?

Ta

Northwind

Not unreasonable to pack out a bolt to resize things. But the big question IMO is why it needs it- what’s out of spec? Something wearing down/through/out? Fixing the symptom might not fix the problem.

Seems crazy that they don’t have proper parts support for these bikes though. What bit’s actually worn? Suspension bushings are generally standard but maybe not frame ones so much.

gardron
    Free Member

it’s a bolt at the back of a horst link going through a bushing which is pressed into the frame – I’m not actually sure if the bolt has worn down or if it’s the plastic bushing that’s compressed. Odds are that I’ve just stressed out one (or both) parts so that it’s developed play.

And yes, I totally agree, it’s nuts that they don’t have proper parts for this sort of servicing on a frame I bought in april last year; it’s hardly ancient

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘need advice on a bushing knock’ is closed to new replies.