Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • need advice
  • yoda
    Free Member

I was involved in an accident on the bike last saturday.
    Whilst waiting at a roundabout the car behind ran into me.
    He stopped, admitted it was his fault, gave me his phone niumber, name and car reg. No witnesses stopped although he did admit it was entirely his fault, but he could have changed his mind now! I got a pic of the car and the driver.
    Now, the rear mech is trashed and there’s what appears to be a crack in the frame though it could just be a deep scratch (carbon road bike). LBS said they think it’s a scratch but can’t be 100% sure.

So, How do I proceed?
    Do I get a no win no fee guy on it from back pages of cycling weekly? Anyone any experience? Or do I go through my household insurance?

All advice greatfully received.

I was uninjured by the way, managed to stay on but back right of bike made contact with nearside front wheel.

scotroutes

First thing I would be doing is reporting it to the police.

Trimix
    Free Member

Ring him back and ask if you would like to meet you and your bike at the LBS for a quote on the stuff he broke.

Tell him you would be happy to get it sorted without the need for insurance hassel.

He may be fine paying for it.

sandwicheater

Don’t worry about him changing his mind unless it happens.

Get a price to replace items damaged/broken and tell him what the damage is and ask how he would like to pay. Likely when they know how much it will cost the insurers will get involved.

Get the bike shop to give you a quote to replace all damaged items (including frame) encase they ask for evidence (the driver or the insurer).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1) Report to the Police
    2) Get Quote
    3) Speak to his insurance company – why would you claim on your own? Why Would you need a lawyer?

spooky_b329

Get his insurance details.

Advise Insurance company. They will probably ask you to provide quotes. Carbon frame – push for a replacement especially if the deep scratch (possible crack) wasn’t there before.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘need advice’ is closed to new replies.