Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Need a really nice Brandy.. But have no idea!!
  • handyman153
    Free Member

Evening STW,

I am after a really nice Brandy for a Christmas present, but having never really drank it never mind purchased it, I am lost!

Please can I have your recomendations??

Thanks Guys!

tomhoward

Budget? These things can get a bit spendy…

handyman153
    Free Member

Budget – as a very spur of the moment guess something around £30 – £50?
    Is that a reasonable amount

Drac

Mackem

Torres 10 years is nice and quite cheap.

zilog6128

Budget – as a very spur of the moment guess something around £30 – £50?
    Is that a reasonable amount

depends… if they like to drink it neat (like a whisky) you’d want to buy XO which starts at about £70. If they’ll be mixing it, just buy the fanciest looking bottle that’s in budget.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’m big fan of Camus cognac especially their Extra Elegance and Borderies but they are pricey. You tend to pay a bit more for Cognac mainly due to it being such a small place and needs to be grown and produced there to carry the name. Armagnac’s can be just as nice if you want a french brandy but also don’t dismiss the German and Spanish ones too.
    Look for an XO if you have the budget Godet and Jean Fillioux are good mid price Cognac, Asbach 8 or 15 year old for a German

oolong
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of Armagnac myself, just started a bottle of 20 year old Baron de Sigognac. Slightly over budget at £60 but it really is fantastic.

sandboy

Never had a bad Armagnac and I believe that Aldi have one in for Christmas.

craigxxl
    Free Member

At that price range try a VSOP such as Godet Special or Hine Rare

hanchurch
    Free Member

Carlos 1 is my favorite, about the right price for 1L if you buy it in England, much cheaper if you know someone going to Spain soon that can pick you up a bottle.

sam_underhill

Sainsburys TTD XO is actually pretty good and reasonably priced.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Need a really nice Brandy.. But have no idea!!’ is closed to new replies.