Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Need a new TV
  • craig78
    Free Member

As title my old plasma is slowly giving up the ghost!! Kinda lost in the world of TV bullshit at the mo? From Currys to Richer Sounds I’m getting a mixed bag of bollox being pushed my way! Old TV was 42″ gotta big enough room to go bigger? Anyone got a 4k tv(Are they worth it) LG/Samsung/Sony/Panasonic? After having the washing machine and oven play me up this month I’m looking for the best TV for my ££ I’m thinking £750ish?? Help! Cheers

wobbliscott
    Free Member

You won’t get 4k for £750 but you can get a decent branded HD one for that. I’d say go as big as you can as they size down. My brand of choice is Panasonic so I can thoroughly recommend one of those.

giant_scum
    Free Member

I bought a John Lewis branded LG 55 inch 3d TV last month. Cracking TV only downside is single tuner and a slight issue with recording to usb sticks for some reason!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nuke

Having gone through this at Christmas, advice i got was to leave 4k for now as at your budget (similar to mine) you’re not going to get a tv with the tech that’s going to do a decent job of scaling up the picture.

What tv progs do you mostly watch…standard def, hd channels, blurays, sport?

We got a lower end 50″ Panasonic initially but it was awful watching standard def freeview channels so we swapped to a 42″ Sony and it was so much better. Richer Sounds were great and highly recommended

federalski
    Free Member

I got a 50 inch Sony KDL something or other from John Lewis for £599 recently. I did not do much research but am very happy with it, the smart features are good and the screen mirroring from my phone is very handy. The picture is really quite good as well.

I almost did the old bike budget classic of buying something far more expensive than I intended but for the money I think the Sony was good value.

federalski
    Free Member

Never noticed your link, that is the bigger one i nearly got 😀

craig78
    Free Member

My bro as the 50 inch version but I can’t find it! So it’s the next best thing I was thinking!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Need a new TV’ is closed to new replies.