• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Need a new monitor
  • nbt

Looks like I need to get a new monitor for the computer. The current monitor keeps threatening to keel over – lots of unprompted gaussian refreshes, the alignment is all over the place, the other day it wouldn't turn on until we swapped power leads…

Still, it's lasted about 10 years so not too bad for an old CRT monitor. When it goes, it looks like a TFT monitor is the way forward as they seem to be fairly ubiquitous, anyone got any recommendations? Don't do gaming, just browsing, email, and photos. Doesn;t need to be massive, and cheap is good, mmm'kay! Don;t mind paying for quality, but I'm not a brand whore.

anyway, your recommendations would be appreciated, ta!

bassspine
    Free Member

look at PCPro magazine's A-list. Utterly reliable advice.

GrahamS

How critical is the "doing photos" stuff? Bothered about profiles, colour accuracy and wide gamuts at all?

cynic-al
    Free Member

hotukdeals FTW

nbt

How critical is the "doing photos" stuff? Bothered about profiles, colour accuracy and wide gamuts at all?

Not really, I've never got round to printing anything, it's more for personal viewing.

Hotukdeals has come up with a 22" Acer for £99 @ Argos, that sounds like the puppy. thanks!

stevehine

Personally I'd spend a little more and get something like this

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/22-Iiyama-PLE2208HDS-B1-Widescreen-LCD-1920×1080-5ms

nbt

stevehine

that's a 40% increase. If I was spending that much more I'd go for the BenQ recommended by PCPro, but £100 is about as much as I'd want to spend

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Need a new monitor’ is closed to new replies.