Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Need a new laptop – MacBook or Windows?
  • Cougar

are these netbook type things W10? and do you have to pay yearly or anything for the software? or can you just buy one and your good to go for a few years?

It’s a small laptop, that’s it.

Historically, they were built to a fixed maximum spec. This is because MS offered huge discounts to OEMs on Windows to run on a netbook, and they defined a “netbook” spec to be certain criteria. This is why you’d never see a netbook with more than 2Gb of RAM; any more than that and it didn’t quality for the discount licence.

Whether this is still the case or not I don’t know. I don’t think it is, but I’ve not looked at new netbooks in a few years now.

molgrips
    Free Member

@sadex yes, they are W10 and no yo don’t have to pay anything after initial purchase, unless you want to buy Office. However there is now a free MS Office online like Google Docs.

Go to PC world website and look for the “social” range, there are loads.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member
    luket

Re that HP, can you see it for sale in the U.K.? I’ve been looking at similar things and found that but I failed to find actual uk prices.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hmmm. I didn’t look, sorry. I live in the Netherlands though, so I’m not even the best person to ask.

I assumed you would be able to buy it there, somehow…?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The new Dell 2 in ones also are worth a look for something more portable (Proper PC and windows Tablet that can be split or used together (keyboard has a second battery etc.)

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Need a new laptop – MacBook or Windows?’ is closed to new replies.