Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Need a new hydration pack. Whats the best out there these days?
  • sleigh62
    Free Member

good price here on the MULE

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/camelbak-m-u-l-e-p138647

Always been a good alrounder

Superficial
    Free Member

I was really unimpressed with my Camelbak, and their (complete lack of) help when my year-old mule ripped suddenly. I have an Osprey ruck sack (not for riding) and it’s great quality – so the next riding bag I buy will be an Osprey. They’re quite pricey though.

occamsrazor
    Free Member

Does anyone make a soft hydration pack (not bottle) that attaches to the frame with straps? Where I ride it’s very hot and having the camelbak on my back gets rather sweaty, I’d prefer to have it mounted on the bike.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

^sounds like a recipe for some interesting “incidents”. There’s no way I’d want a hydration hose connecting me to the bike. If this was my problem to solve I’d manage with good old fashioned water bottles mounted on the frame…with no hydration hose

user-removed
    Free Member

I bought a Mule a few years back and it was just way too small for my modest needs. Sold it and bought a Deuter Bike bag, on reccomendation from CG on here.

It’s been bloody brilliant – I like to take my dslr with me, as well as lunch, tools, 3L bladder etc. If you just havea a few tools, there are compression straps to stop the thing flapping about.

Also has a built in rain cover (useful for sitting on!) and a helmet carrier.

Build quality is as good as anything else I’ve had – better than most and it’s still going strong.

tomhoward

Does anyone make a soft hydration pack (not bottle) that attaches to the frame with straps? Where I ride it’s very hot and having the camelbak on my back gets rather sweaty, I’d prefer to have it mounted on the bike

Specialized make one for the Shiv. Not sure I’d be too keen to ride it off road though. Or on road, to be fair. 😉

occamsrazor
    Free Member

“sounds like a recipe for some interesting “incidents”….

Not really, I don’t need to be “connected” to it while riding, I can stop to drink from it. Perhaps bottles are easier solution, I just thought some type of frame bag pack with tube might make a nicer solution.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I reckon you’re trying to create a problem that needn’t exist. if you’re happy to stop to drink there’s no reason to over-complicate matters with tubes. Bottle cage + bottle = job done

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Need a new hydration pack. Whats the best out there these days?’ is closed to new replies.