Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Need a new DAB "Site" Radio. Any recommendations for a manly man type jobbie?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Right, that’s the last El Cheapo dab radio I buy for work. They only last a few months in dusty, chucked in the back of the vayn type conditions. Makita do one for around £110. Bosch aren’t doing theirs in DAB format yet. DeWalt ones look a bit gash.

Anybody use any other brand of “rugged” DAB radio that they can recommend?

maccruiskeen

A pal bought the makita one recently and it appears to have made him very happy. Too early to say whether it’ll be any more long lived than something from comet but never known anyone moan about the non-dab makitas, and I’ve never seen a Bosch or dewalt one in use, they just seem to live on the counters of toolshops.

jp-t853

In our warehouse there is a Pure One inside a freezer bag to keep the dust out and it sounds absolutely fine. You would still have to take care moving it though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I see they’re doing the Makita one in white. 🙂

Jesus, I’d get the shit ripped right out of me if I turned up somewhere with one of those.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tbh, Jp, I think it’s the “being chucked around” that knackers the cheaper ones. I’d be too worried about a Pure one I think.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Would it it do if just looked the part? Pure Evoke 1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Need a new DAB "Site" Radio. Any recommendations for a manly man type jobbie?’ is closed to new replies.