Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Need a new cooker – where's best to get one from.
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Cooker has just about packed in so I need a new one.

Looking for a cheap gas one with 4 burners and an oven/grill and I'd need it delivered and fitted.

Who will do this with the minimum of fuss? Comet charge about £80 for "registered" fitting and removal of the old one. I don't mind paying to have it all swapped over in one smooth operation, but something tells me that Comet won't make it smooth and will be arsey about delivery times.

Any experiences you want to share?

footflaps

Fitting takes about 2 mins and some ptfe tape. Unfitting takes about 30 seconds.

midlifecrashes

My dad did the Comet thing a few months ago and it was smooth as. It's a gas fitting which legally has to be done by a competent person, so having it done by the delivery guy makes a lot of sense.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Yep, very easy to do.

I used Comet last time and it was a very painless process. They turned up with the new one (Zanussi, it was very good… but moved since then), disconnected the old one, installed the new one and away in 15 minutes. It was even fully levelled and everything 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Need a new cooker – where's best to get one from.’ is closed to new replies.