Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Need a new car – any ideas
  • garage-dweller

[dullard]Or plan b keep the Berlingo and don’t get involved with someone who is daft enough to base relationship decisions on what car you drive. Unless you plan to find your new partner in the car park of a retail park on a Saturday evening of course. [/dullard]

Edit: darn I really am a grumpy old man.

If you fancy a change regardless that’s another thing and in your shoes I would go for something in the medium/larger hatch territory (I like the Mondeo/Octavia/Leon in that sector) smart but still practical.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

MandI’d spend the cash on holidays instead… meet some fit rich european girls on a fortnight ski trip instead!

iamanobody
    Free Member

Still thinking panda 100hp. No-one has commented yet!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

panda 100hp.

and you mentioned attracting the laydeezz in your OP….. sounds like you’ll be batting for the other team in a panda.

+1 for not trying to impress ladies with your car – drive something you want to drive and that meets your needs as a car – and if thats a panda then buy a panda.

hora
    Free Member

OP- if a girl is really bothered about what car you drive as one of her main criteria then shes not right (for anyone).

Still thinking panda 100hp.

A good car but still a compromise for camping/biking really.

Plus any shallow girl wont look at you.

If you want to impress a girl, concentrate on personal hygene, GOOD clothes and ideas to wow/keep her thinking ‘what are we doing next as this is great so far’.

I had a 1.6 petrol Xsara Picasso as a stop-gap. I’ll admit I liked it alot.

For 5k – the max to grab a shallow girl- get a Audi A3. Its a mix of a certain amount of style, isn’t offensive and alot of people like them.

To everyone else its blander than dish water.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Honda Civic 1.6 i-dtec

Not a sports car… but punchy enough for overtaking. Only real negative is lack of steering feel.
    120bhp, plenty of torque.

BUT… 65MPG minimum. 70+ if you drive like a granny.
    super clever seats, so bikes are easy.

Sporty cars are over-rated 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Need a new car – any ideas’ is closed to new replies.