• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hardy111-spam.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Need a new car, any finance deals out there?
  • mrchrist

Hi, looking at buying an SUV maybe a Kuga. Ford are offering £1900 deposit contribution as the mo.

Anybody know of any other hot deals out there?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Best option might be to look for nearly new cars. I got my SMax 9 months old from the dealer for £6k off new list price, so probably a net £3 or £4k by the time you factor in any discounts you might have got if buying new. I sorted out my own finance as I could get a loan from my bank at much better terms than their finance.

Not the best time to look at Fords right now as they’ve just refreshed their range, unless they have any of the older models in stock they’re looking to shift. We’ve just got a new BMW1 series as they’ve just facelifted the range – we got a cracking deal on an outgoing model they had in stock and were looking to shift – about £8k off list price and a few extras thrown in. We did luck out though as they cocked up, the car we bought was ultimately not available so they provided the same spec car in the new model instead.

Scamper
    Free Member

As on other thread, more people carrier, vw are giving 30% plus off out going touran, but be quick

mikey74
    Free Member

If you want finance, Lloyds bank are offering loans for 3-4% interest. Then you can walk in with cash and negotiate a cash deal.

angeldust
    Free Member

FFS didn’t take long for someone to suggest second hand.

When someone says they want a new car, sometimes it is because they want a new car 🙄

titusrider
    Free Member

Drive the deal and carwow

Got nearly 5k off my golf

ourmaninthenorth

Definitely sure you want to buy? There’s something to be said for straight leasing (even as a personal user). So long as you’re flexible on the car/spec and when you get it there are some cracking deals out there.

Get yourself over to the humungous Pistonheads leasing thread – people often post up good deals on SUVs.

mrchrist

Thanks All. That piston head thread looks interesting will have a look through. Will also look @ a lloyds bank loans

Gary_M
    Free Member

Not all finance deals are advertised. Last new car I bought I negotiated a 0% finance deal which wasn’t advertised. It was over 3 years so quite a big monthly payment. If the dealer won’t do a deal just be prepared to walk away.

loddrik
    Free Member

Definitely sure you want to buy? There’s something to be said for straight leasing (even as a personal user). So long as you’re flexible on the car/spec and when you get it there are some cracking deals out there.
    Get yourself over to the humungous Pistonheads leasing thread – people often post up good deals on SUVs.

Just had a quick scan of the last couple of pages of that thread. A Scirocco R for £129 a month!!!!! And someone cancelled because they couldn’t have a blue one. Wtf!?!

chestrockwell

Halifax are offering car loans at 3.6% at the moment. Also, the ford garage in Northallerton is offering 0% across the range which should include the manufacturers discount .

We have a current kuga and think it’s great.

peterfile
    Free Member

Then you can walk in with cash and negotiate a cash deal.

Defo don’t tell them you’re paying cash though, or you’ll pay more.

Make them assume you’ll finance it until you’ve agree a price.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Angeldust – there really is no difference between nearly new and brand new you know apart from price – why would you admit to be a mug and pay several grand over the odds for the same thing? Not knocking buying new, but some people simply don’t have the budget, and obviously if you’re asking about finance you don’t have the budget. My car for example, had been driven by a Ford manager for 9 months and only clocked up 2400 miles, so I suspect they give out new cars to employees for a short period to feed their nearly new stock. technically second hand, but practically brand new whichever way you cut it.

The BMW for example (and Scampers Touran) are new ‘old stock’ so are effectively brand new at second hand prices – if you’re not too fussy about having the latest and greatest model then there are great deals to be had to help the dealers clear their stocks. Better to get a great deal on a car than a great deal on finance.

downshep

M&S Money doing 3.5% at the mo. Money goes in via CHAPS within the week.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Need a new car, any finance deals out there?’ is closed to new replies.