Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Need a flexible railed saddle? (coming from an I-beam to a dropper)
  • walla24
    Free Member

I have an I-beam on both bikes with a SDG bel air saddle….I love it, lots of flex which helps take the sting out of the trails on my hardtails.

Would like to be converted to a dropper setup though this means a railed saddle which all seem to be focused on rigidity etc which will destroy my spine!

Can anyone recommend a saddle similar to the bel air with some flexibility?

Cheers

bigyinn
    Free Member

Something with Ti rails will introduce some flex, which should help a bit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Gravity dropper did I-beam posts I think?

If you’re looking for comfort, dropper posts aren’t the way to go, they’re much much stiffer than regular posts.

rocketman
    Free Member

If you’re looking for comfort, dropper posts aren’t the way to go, they’re much much stiffer than regular posts.

And yet both of my 31.6 droppers are noticeably more compliant than the fixed posts they replaced. Smaller diameter upper sections maybe?

br
    Free Member

Gravity dropper did I-beam posts I think?

Yes, but couldn’t get them in the UK.

I ran the flex I-Beam saddles too, brilliant bit of kit for a HT, especially with a 27.2 carbon post.

I’ve the same Ti railed SDG saddle on both my bikes now, FS with a 30.9 Reverb and the HT with a 27.2 X-Fusion dropper. The thinner X-Fusion does create a noticeably more compliant ride than the Reverb.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Fabric ALM

kimbers

I bought my I beam clamp frod GD in the states wasn’t very expensive, cones with new bushes and seals, great if you are looking at a s/ h gd

bigyinn
    Free Member

rocketman – Member

And yet both of my 31.6 droppers are noticeably more compliant than the fixed posts they replaced. Smaller diameter upper sections maybe?
    Stiff yet compliant? Oooh say “more linear” and “makes the trail come alive” and I’ll have a full card.

walla24
    Free Member

i wish someone made the ibeam-railed adapter!

Northwind

Ibeam’s usually stiffer 😕 At least, with all the ones I’ve been able to compare. Rails are a naturally less stiff design, they’re basically springs- you can make them stiff mind.

I think KS do an i-beam dropper post don’t they?

scaredypants

Ibeam’s usually stiffer

I’d have said that too, though the last one I used was about 10yrs ago. Think I still have the scars though 😕

chris_db
    Free Member

Morgaw? I have a brand new one, unfitted, for sale?

http://morgaw.com/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Need a flexible railed saddle? (coming from an I-beam to a dropper)’ is closed to new replies.