Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Need a field / barn – wedding venue
  • peachos
    Free Member

Planning a wedding and looking to hire a field or barn. Based in Manchester so ideally somewhere relatively local, but open to options.

Anyone got any suggestions/contacts?

Thanks!

carlos
    Free Member

Can’t help with just a field, but for the full package have you looked at Heaton House farm??

Homepage

breadcrumb

We had our wedding do at Loweswater village hall.

I *think* the field next to it may be available too.

peachos
    Free Member

Can’t help with just a field, but for the full package have you looked at Heaton House farm??

https://www.heatonhousefarm.co.uk/

Cheers – that looks way above our budget.

peachos
    Free Member

We had our wedding do at Loweswater village hall.

I *think* the field next to it may be available too.

Interesting. The lakes would be the ideal place for me (it’s ok to knock out a quick ride beforehand right?!).

Will look into it.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’d suggest North Hayne Farm Cottages but too far for you realistically.

robvalentine

My friends got married here, near to York http://www.barmbyfieldbarns.co.uk/

It was a pretty good venue

Mackem

Ramsbottom cricket club? Nothing explicit on their website about field rental but they have events on it. Out of season they might be open to it. (and they have a function room)

http://www.ramsbottomcc.com/

thecaptain
    Free Member

The rules might have changed, but it used to the case that in Scotland you could just get married anywhere in the countryside, no need to hire anything (though the minister needs paid).

globalti
    Free Member

Holmes Mill in Clitheroe, which is the new home of the Bowland Brewery. Have a gliff at the video on here: http://www.holmesmill.co.uk/

We went to have a look around and liked the upstairs room so much we decided to throw a party this summer for all our pals. It happens to coincide with our 20th wedding anniversary but that’s secondary to enjoying the place and drinking the beer.

sarkmeister
    Free Member

We got married at Masson Farm near Matlock:

http://www.massonfarm.com/

The barn is licenced so you can actually get married there. You then hold the reception in a tipi/marquee in the field next to it. The views from the venue are stunning.

russianbob
    Free Member

We did it in the field at the back of our house. We just asked the land agent for permission, and he agreed. We hired in some teepees, loos, hog roast and pizza. The tipi people organised the bar and generator. No need for the field to have an actual booze license, they’re easy to get. In terms of actually getting hitched we did that in the local church and walked back.

unovolo
    Free Member

About Us

Home

And just incase you want more options why not a Museum or two to get married in.
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/manchesters-weird-quirky-wedding-venues-8526068

peachos
    Free Member

Thanks everyone – some interesting suggestions. Many are way out of our price range though!

john_drummer
    Free Member

A friend of mine manages Northorpe Barn between Huddersfield & Mirfield if West Yorkshire isn’t too far away

http://www.northorpehall.co.uk/weddings/

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Without knowing your budget difficult to advise peachos but I’m in the midst of organising my wedding at the moment, a field and marquee sounded like a good idea until i actually started pricing it and got to about 7k for field (1.5k+vat for a pitch), marquee(3k +vat for a small one inc delivery assembly and removal), porta loos (600+vat) and generator (about 800+vat if i remeber but that said i had zero clue on what i needed for that) At that point i still needed furniture etc, food, booze, dj/band and so forth.

A flashy stately home package actualy worked out cheaper, though also not the option we took (their “expensive” all in one packages actually all worked out better than the cheaper packages once you’d added everything back in).

globalti
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t go to Nunsmere Hall in Cheshire. Shockingly amateur service in a worn out hotel that’s living on its past reputation.

matt_outandabout

I would look more at bunkhouses – they have loo’s and kitchens.

Best I know of locally(ish)

Contact Us

breadcrumb

Cost wise Loweswater village hall was cheap.

IIRC, £200 for 3 days (set up- wedding day- pack up)

We used a local sports committee for the bar. That was around £300 including reception drinks and toast and the bar was cheap (£2-£3 pint), all profits go back to the community.

And hog roast from the local butcher kept everyone fed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Harrogate too far I guess ?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Don’t tell me you’ve a bloody field and marquee in Harrogate bikebouy

peachos
    Free Member

Without knowing your budget difficult to advise peachos but I’m in the midst of organising my wedding at the moment, a field and marquee sounded like a good idea until i actually started pricing it and got to about 7k for field (1.5k+vat for a pitch), marquee(3k +vat for a small one inc delivery assembly and removal), porta loos (600+vat) and generator (about 800+vat if i remeber but that said i had zero clue on what i needed for that) At that point i still needed furniture etc, food, booze, dj/band and so forth.

A flashy stately home package actualy worked out cheaper, though also not the option we took (their “expensive” all in one packages actually all worked out better than the cheaper packages once you’d added everything back in).

Interesting feedback thanks! I suppose we’re tying to DIY on the cheap – don’t really want to spend more than a grand for venue hire. Thinking about buying a marquee & selling it on again after we’re done. Getting a mate in for some of the catering…that sort of thing. Don’t believe in just chucking money at a problem 🙂

Cost wise Loweswater village hall was cheap.

IIRC, £200 for 3 days (set up- wedding day- pack up)

We used a local sports committee for the bar. That was around £300 including reception drinks and toast and the bar was cheap (£2-£3 pint), all profits go back to the community.

And hog roast from the local butcher kept everyone fed.

This seems very appealing…off to look for village halls then! Thanks for the info.

peachos
    Free Member

What you got in mind??

Andy_K

Defo check out village halls as above, both of our local ones can be had for under £100. one of our fave local pubs had a licence so we used that, think it was about £500 for the day, ceremony in the morning in the dining room, and then exclusive use of the bar for the rest of the day for dinner/party.

You need to avoid the “industry” if you want to save significant cash, therefore, no marquees.

Think we did it all for 6k, we spent a good chunk of that on food 🙂

(edit, we’re not far from Breadcrumb, and sounds like a similar setup)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Need a field / barn – wedding venue’ is closed to new replies.