Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Need a fast internet hotspot in Bristol!
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone know of somewhere I can go to get a decent internet connection? Came all the way in to the office and the network is ****, it’s worse than my home broadband which is crap.

Need to upload a large file.

scaled
    Free Member

as distasteful as you’ll find it, Maccy D’s generally has the best wifi.

The coffee isn’t that bad either

Sandwich

Centre of town? Then the Apple Store just down the way from Harvey Nicks would be good. Otherwise there’s another one at Cribs Causeway by the M5/A38.

molgrips
    Free Member

Too late now, I’ve given up and arranged to go to the site tomorrow, by car. 21st century my arse.

binners

And the award for First World Problem of the week goes to….

molgrips
    Free Member

Well it’s stopping me doing my job, so it’s not as trivial as some.

binners

The company you’re working for has failed to provide you with the facilities for you to do your job?

You still getting paid?

I believe Wetherspoons has wifi. I’d have gone for a pint, or two, and possibly a big burger and chips and claimed it on expenses. But I’m resourceful like that 😉

If you were feeling a bit tasty you could probably even get into a fight too. Its usually easy enough. Though I doubt you can bill your employer for that. Might be worth a try though

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m still getting paid yes. I opted to come home instead 🙂

binners

So your problem is….?

I really am struggling to see the downside to this situation

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Some people like to do their jobs…

molgrips
    Free Member

There isn’t one, except that I’m one day down and no closer to my goal. As Frosty says, I actually want to get this done because it’s cool. My company pays me at least some of my time to invent cool stuff.

binners

Shall we have a poll as to who prefers getting paid for….

a) Sitting in the office?
    b) Going home/to the pub for a pint, a burger and possibly a fight?*

* assuming the pint and burger is billable. Though not necessarily any compensation for injuries incurred while brawling outside Wetehrspoons

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I once went to a meeting at the ‘Spoons head office. Submitted my travel expense claim as “Home to Wetherspoons” and was promptly summoned by my boss to ask me what the blinking flip I thought I was doing! 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

@CFH do tell, was the office suitably cheap and tacky like the pubs ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@molgrips – 4G Mobile WiFi device ? If you are on BT Wifi you can just park up outside someones house no ?

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

a memory stick and a motorcycle courier if you are that desperate!

binners

Flashy – do Wetherspoons head office have two old alcoholics brawling out the front as a sort of corporate signage?

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s a 4Gb file so it needs a pretty decent connection to upload in a sensible time. But it’s sorted now, I have manufactured another reason to go to the office to allow me to claim expenses.

binners

Get some decent broadband at home then you tight sod! 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I DREAM of fibre broadband… If anyone knows a way of forcing BT to put fibre into our road.. please let me know..

jambourgie
    Free Member

I did the ‘Work from Wetherspoons’ thing while I waited for my services to be installed at my new place. I found that the download speeds were fine but trying to upload stuff was a nightmare. The library is much better. Provided you can put up with manky keyboards, Internet Exploder, and mobile phones going off/people talking loudly into mobile phones ALL the time. Yes, mobile phones… in the library… aaargh!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

@CFH do tell, was the office suitably cheap and tacky like the pubs ?

Flashy – do Wetherspoons head office have two old alcoholics brawling out the front as a sort of corporate signage?

Alas no. The HQ was a very pleasant office building in Watford, staffed by some rather pleasant people (At least in the departments I was dealing with at the time. There may well have been a “Fight instigation department” and a “Alcopops promotion unit” but I didn’t meet any of them. )

jambalaya
    Free Member

Boo hiss. We’ll have to invent a different reality then. Damn facts getting in the way of a good story …

wallop

It’s Bristol – everything is laid back here!

Mantastic
    Free Member

Are binners and Molgrips ex lovers? Nice bit of hostility going on there.

Kiss and make up, you know you want to?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Need a fast internet hotspot in Bristol!’ is closed to new replies.