Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • need a CV boosting course, ideas please. i'm stuck.
  • Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Well after doing the same job for 15 years I will be strolling down redundanttrackworld in a year or so. I am an electrical maintenance tehnician am after some courses to build my CV before I go. I was thinking along the lines of comms / networking possibly, but open to others. Preferable short courses so no open uni or anything. I am really stuck. any ideas appreciated.

nemesis
    Free Member

Honestly, if they’re short courses then they’re not going to be regarded as having a huge amount of relevance to getting you new jobs IMO.

Certified type ones are worthwhile however as would ones that actually provide real world experience.

What support will your current company provide you – given that you have a year, it sounds more like a restructure / site closure so to retain goodwill, I’d expect them to be helping all they can within reason?

mogrim

There are loads of free, short MOOC courses available (see http://www.coursera.org for example; there are others) but like nemesis says I’m not sure how much real value they have – particularly if you’re planning on changing careers.

I’d definitely be looking at certification in something, but they’re a lot more expensive.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Yeah company will pay within reason, so that not a worry. Say 2-3k.

Cougar
    nemesis
    Free Member

+1 Cisco certification is well regarded.

beaker

Have you tried learning Cisco? It should be prescribed instead of sleeping pills.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Just checked the cisco site looks like it could be worthwhile.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Unicorn hearding
    Flagpole of ideas 101
    How to make friends and influence people

flashpaul
    Free Member

axis ip camera training

Networking and cctv on one course

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘need a CV boosting course, ideas please. i'm stuck.’ is closed to new replies.