Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Need a bluetooth headset for calls
  • rossburton
    Free Member

So I need a headset for conference calls at work. Hard requirements are:

Bluetooth so I can make a coffee without dragging my phone around
    Dedicated mute button so I can make a coffee without everyone else hearing
    Not £200 so I have money left for decent coffee

Any suggestions?

bruneep

How is your son? OP needs to know

davidr

Not sure about the mute button but I have a Plantronics Voyager Legend and it’s the best of the headsets I’ve used.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Had two pairs of TaoTronics bluetooth 4.1 delivered earlier using Amazon Prime for £22 each.

rossburton
    Free Member

Forgot the other hard requirement: over-ear as apparently my ear holes are a funny shape and I can’t get on with in-ear anymore.

hammerite
    Free Member

I used to have Plantronics ones in my old job like davidr.

CaptainSlow

I use a plantronics legend.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-Voyager-Legend-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B009ES6FTO

I got the one with the case that charges it. Connects to my mob and my PC

It’s got decent range, sounds ok and has a mute button. The voice recognition on it is reasonable too (I use it for answering calls). I use Siri if I’m being lazy dialling

Russell96

I use the Plantronics Voyager Focus UC, active noise cancelling along with some amazing filtering on the microphone to drown out the sound of a busy office, comes with its own Bluetooth dongle for quality/range, has mute complete with a mute on reminder if you try and speak with mute still on. Also will change your status to on a call in Skype if you receive a call on your mobile phone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013F4LLZ0?tag=ps-uk-plantronics-01-21&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

xora

That plantronics legend linked above. Its ace.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Jabra do decent LYNC (Skype for business ) ones. If you’re using normal phone headsets from your smart phone you will make it a worse experience for the others on the call as they’re not blocking out the sound around you.

Jabra 65ms is what i have. Pretty good on ear . Has a mute button on the ear.

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

Isn’t an Audi and a pair of Oakley wrap arounds a necessary step before getting a bluetooth headset?

beej

Isn’t an Audi and a pair of Oakley wrap arounds a necessary step before getting a bluetooth headset?

Depends on how much of your work involves conference calls. Bluetooth easier than being wired to a laptop, even while at a desk.

Plantronics Voyager Legend UC user, very happy with it.

(Audi and multiple pairs of Oakleys owner)

CountZero

theprancinghorse – Member

Well, if your job involves spending a significant number of hours every day driving other people’s cars on the British road network, and needing to be able to take calls about ETA’s or possibly sudden changes in planning, then they are essential.
    It may have slipped your notice, but using a mobile phone in a car while handling it in any way is very illegal indeed.

garage-dweller

Got Jabra two ear ones at work. Really good even with my cruddy hearing.

They dual pair with a receiver on the laptop and Bluetooth on a mobile phone at the same time.

Comfy and half decent range.

rossburton
    Free Member

James Evolve? They don’t fit the “cheap” requirement sadly.

sadmadalan

I have the Plantronics Savi 720. Normal looking headset with boom mic. Connects to a mobile via bluetooth and to a PC via USB. Headset connects to base station using DECT, so really good quality signal. Has mute on headset. Comfortable to use for hours and battery life is good.

Savi 700

and scroll through the options. Not cheap!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Need a bluetooth headset for calls’ is closed to new replies.