Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Need a 4 season down sleeping bag!
  • mactheknife

Doing the Trans-Savoie this year and i have just trawled through my camping gear and my good Vango bag has been wrecked since i last used it. I dont know what was leaked onto it but it is pretty wrecked.

So, what do you recommend. Should i just rent one for a week from a local outdoor centre or should i just stump up for a decent one and stop being a tight jock 🙂

jamiep
    Free Member

sale here suggest the ascent 700. I’ve that and the 500

mactheknife

Excellent jamie, my googling ninja skills were not bringing me much tonight 🙂

Thanks

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I have the rab ascent 1000, the 700 as suggested for £120 would be ideal I think. The price is very good, less than I paid for the 1000 about 10 yrs ago. You don’t want to launder it very often, so to keep it clean for longer add baselayers, socks and beanie to sleep in as well (you can wear that clean gear the next day, so not additional kit).

SidewaysTim

My wife swears by her Alpkit one. Being a woman she’s always cold and being a scout leader, shes often camping. Never been cold in the alpkit though.

mactheknife

Tim, i looked on the Alpkit site but i could not find them in the shop section.

SidewaysTim

Might be worth giving them a call – they do odd things every now and again.

Stoner
    Free Member

unfortunately Alpkit are having some issues with sleeping bags.

I have a Pipedream and it’s a brilliant bit of kit.

https://www.alpkit.com/develop/getting-sleeping-bags-back-on-track

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Need a 4 season down sleeping bag!’ is closed to new replies.