• This topic has 26 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by SST.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Neck and neck to the line – airplane content
  • SST
    Free Member

I hope this happens to my flight one day . . . 🙂

Pook

What's all that about then?

and where;s the conveyor belt?

tim41
    Free Member

Parallel runways, planes much further apart than they appear, big telephoto lens.
    Or maybe a malfunctioning conveyor belt.
    Great picture either way!

molgrips
    Free Member

That looks like it could be LAX airport where they have planes landing at the same time on parallel runways.

-m-
    Free Member

I've done that at CDG before. Our (BA) pilot took great delight in pointing out (once we'd touched down) that the weather 'was a bit gusty on the way in' and 'those of you on the left may have seen the Air France flight on the adjacent runway abort its landing due to the weather'…

StirlingCrispin

Small; Far Away.

I'm confused.

mangoridebike

The windows on the far plane look bigger than those on the near plane. I thought that plane windows were a fairly standard size, like wise the doors (what you can see of the far door anyway)

coffeeking
    Free Member

It's two completely different planes (model/size etc)?

StirlingCrispin

It is that time of year though.

All the animals were at it when I was out at lunchtime.

toys19
    Free Member

small one is a 767, larger one is the 777. Which is essentially a longer 767. (well actually its a complete redesign but looks wise…)

jon1973
    Free Member

It's two completely different planes

I would hope so, it would be a bit of a mind **** if it was the same plane, landing beside itself on a parallel runway at the same airport 😉

Pook

at the same time.

Anyway, it's not a runway it's a conveyor belt.

woody2000

Is it just me, or does the one at the back look like it's bending in the middle?!

mangoridebike

The larger one looks like the front and rear of the plane are sagging slightly. I guess there will be flex built into the fueselage of the plane but it looks a bit odd. Alternatively it could be an effect caused by the lens used to take the picture

woody got there first, not just you woody

roper
    Free Member

That's nothing.
    Looks at these babies in action

😉

woody2000

Looking at it more closely, I'd guess it's the distorting effect of the heat from the engines. Phew!

coffeeking
    Free Member

john1973 – LOL, new keyboard please 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

StirlingCrispin – Member
    Small; Far Away.

I'm confused.

Don't. I had some mean and nasty people trying to convince me that a small airport in Hampshire was in fact Gatwick. I was quite upset.

I witnessed a dead heat in a Zeppelin race last night….

molgrips
    Free Member

The larger one looks like the front and rear of the plane are sagging slightly.

Well it's being held up from the middle, isn't it?

njee20
    Free Member

Happens a lot at San Francisco, I was lucky enough to be on the flight deck for landing in a BA 747, and what's more disconcerting is the planes taking off on the perpendicular runways as you're on finals!

mangoridebike

I know its being held up from the middle, and as I said i know that flex is to be expected, its just that I hadn't expected it to be as visible as it seems to be in that photo.

rootes1

the bend could just be distortion due to heat off the back of the engines

njee20
    Free Member

Or just the camera trying to take a photo of sommat doing 150mph and getting a bit confuddled.

Stoner
    Free Member

I prefer a dead-heat in a Zeppelin race myself…

BigJohn

I've been in Atlanta airport at 6 in the evening (when it gets busy) and they've got 4 runways on the go. 2 taking off, 2 landing all at the same time.

skidartist
    Free Member

I've just smashed up and blown up a airliner for an exhibition I'm working on (and now we're putting all the bits back together again). They're really not made of very much. The section where the wings attach is like a tank, the rest is incredibly un-reassuring.

Not in a hurry to get back on a plane anytime soon. Partly because having taken one apart it seems they don't actually have any magic in them. Partly because its going to be quite some time before the residues of plastic explosives to leave my system and wash out of my clothes and belongings, and I'll get pounced on by security.

As jobs go its a notch up from grinding the balls off fibreglass reindeer

SST
    Free Member

This was at San Francisco airport – a parallel approach to Rwy 28L & R. The runways are 750ft apart.

The sheer size of the 777 engines, bearing in mind it's 750 ft further away than the 767, is just awesome.

LOL @ "I would hope so, it would be a bit of a mind **** if it was the same plane, landing beside itself on a parallel runway at the same airport" btw 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Neck and neck to the line – airplane content’ is closed to new replies.