Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • NEC Cycle show.
  • dan77
    Free Member

Who’s going then, is it worth a 150 mile drive and am I gonna spend a small fortune on shiny things seeing as I’d be going the day after payday?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

IIRC there is only a small retail area, more a show of shiny stuff for next year.
    Got a meeting at the NEC on Friday so may blag my way in.

shep39
    Free Member

I’m going on Saturday, hope you are right about the “small” retail area as it’s just after payday for me also. Never been before so don’t know if it’s worth a long drive (only about 40 mins for me) 🙂

lunge

If anyone is buying tickets in advance entering “MBUK” into the promotional code box gets you a discount off the ticket price.

pnik

Keeping it closer to home STM gets a discount too. I’m going with the family from Brighton. So I hope it’ll be worth the trip, hey its a day out with the family and there’s bikes involved ‘cant fail’

probably

dallas95
    Free Member

I’ll be interested to hear what people think after they’ve been. I went last year and it was a waste of time and money. Not enough big brands, no bargains to buy. In fact not much of anything to buy. The test track was a bit of sectioned-off patio outside the hall and it was either a long wait for the bike you really wanted to try or take what they’ve got. There were 9 year old kids being given 20″ commuter bikes just to get them outside. Rip-off for parking and food and I went on the Friday so had to suffer on the M6 northbound commuter gridlock to get home. Never again.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I will be there on Thursday doing my bit on the UK youth stand!

Pop along and say hello!

stox
    Free Member

I echo what dallas95 says….
    I went last year – 180 mile trip each way from the NE … what a waste of time. Very poor. Had I have known, I wouldn’t have gone 5 miles to go to it.
    Ticket didn’t include parking so after my full hour in the NEC (it was that bad) I was extremely peed to then have to pay something like 10 quid to leave the car park.
    Needless to say, I won’t be returning anytime soon.

Blackhound

I will be going, by train, on Saturday. No parking to pay! Tends to be a lot to look at and little to buy as others have said. ‘BRD’ gets you a discount as well.

Depends on whether you like looking at next years / expensive stuff without being tempted to actually buy.

Keef
    Free Member

Hey Kev,may see you there Friday ! keep ur eyes peeled !

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I got a free ticket so may as well turn up… I do hope it isn’t as much of a let down as this thread would lead me to believe though

iain1775
    Free Member

After last year I wouldn’t bother even if it was free
    And I live 25 minutes away!
    If your making a trip uP from Brighton prepare to be very disappointed
    It’s more road orientated but even then it’s very weak on content

Stoner
    Free Member

Went last year as it’s only about an hour on the train from me.

A few nice bits of kit to look at and some interesting stands but very few of the big guns there. Its certainly no Sea Otter, Interbike or Eurobike. Not much shopping to be done, although there were some bargin oakleys and a few other bits of kit, tucked away as if the organisers were ashamed of commerce. 🙄

Wont be going again unless I can see a very big increase in numbers and scale of exhibitors beforehand.

shep39
    Free Member

Is this one any better?

http://www.thelondonbikeshow.co.uk/

Am wondering, after reading this thread, whether to give Saturday a miss and wait for the January one (outdoor gear as well).

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Crap last IMHO.

rOcKeTdOg

Was rubbish last year, at least madison and trek are there this time

Keef
    Free Member

15 mins on the train,free tickets, mrs Keef takin me out for a pub dinner,oh go on then,if I must…… 😉

Blackhound

Keef – I’ll be there Saturday probably. Out in B’ham on Friday night for some Moroccan food instead.

Keef
    Free Member

Ah,sorry Kev,mis-read your original post.

good luck with going out in Brum 😉

sas
    Free Member

I’ve got a free ticket 🙂
    I’ve been to the London one before and it was OK though I wouldn’t have paid full price for it.

bungle222
    Free Member

hi just a tip if you find which car park the exhidition works are using there free to park, only know this as i work there all the time might save you some money in parking. Only thing is you might have to walk in to the halls, which isnt far

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I’m going! Never been, going with work and I’m quite excited (though not as much as I was now I’ve seen last year’s reviews on this thread) If you’re bored come say hello at our stand and pretend you’re interested in purchasing bike parking solutions or an IBikeLDN t-shirt…

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

These reviews greatly lowered my expectations and so it was a lot better than i thought! had fun on some bikes, got loads of freebies and all the atherton’s signatures :)pretty good day out really considering it was free entry!

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

I went Friday , was worth it to see Tom @ Demon Frameworks and Jjons stunning Demon Mountain bike – anyone see it?

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I did. The Demon fixie was rather impressive too. the more I looked at it, the more I liked it

shep39
    Free Member

These reviews greatly lowered my expectations

Same here – and, because of that, I really quite enjoyed it too.

Only stayed a couple of hours, we’d planned on making a day of it before reading the forum, but we enjoyed looking at the shiny (totally unaffordable for me!) stuff and I’m glad I went.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘NEC Cycle show.’ is closed to new replies.