Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Nec bike show
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Anyone been yet? I’m not sure if I cba. Ant reviews of it so far? Sorry if it’s a repost

Matt_SS_xc

We are going today. Travelling to Birmingham for the rugby anyway so thought we would make a day of it. The one a few years ago was terrible……but I’m shopping for a new bike so a chance to see lots

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

On the train on the way now!

lunge

I went yesterday and it’s not bad, better than previous years certainly. There’s plenty to look at, a lot of the main manufactures are there, though there is a distinct lack of Specialized and there’s even a few bargains to be had on the stands around the edge.

If you’re in the area it’s worth a trip, if you’re travelling a good distance to get there I’d be more hesitant.

DT78
    Free Member

Take some photos of the more interesting bikes and post them up. Worked last years, sat was mentally busy, sun afternoon would be the best time to go if you want to avoid the crowds

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

String powered bicycle… you can even pedal backwards and it powers forwards, although the string starts to lose it at over 2000k, apparently replacement strings are stored in the seat tube?

Bicycle on top of a Lambo…

toppers3933
    Free Member

I went on thursday afternoon. Show wasnt too bad but the car park was £12!!
    Some i teresting bikes around if you kept your eyes open. Wireless SRAM stuff looks nice.

iain1775
    Free Member

I went on thursday afternoon. Show wasnt too bad but the car park was £12!!

Price of parking at NEC on top of the ticket price stops me going to a lot of events
    Off there in October, plan to park at Hampton in Arden or Morden Green train stations and get the train one stop to the NEC, should cost a lot less

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

am i right in remembering that last year on trade day car parking way complimentary?

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

+ i don’t remember seeing a lambo on thursday, just a crappy Vauxhall with A natty integrated bike rack

toppers3933
    Free Member

We had to pay the car park last year. Although im sure it wasnt £12. It is true i didnt have to pay to enter the show but instll find the parking charges a bit rich.
    That lambo was there when i was there Thursday afternoon although without the barrier round it.

jamj1974

It used to be £8. Trade shows have free parking if that has been the deal agreed for and paid by the exhibition organiser.

Morden Green

Marston Green in case you can’t find it! 🙂

liam1974

Went yesterday, parked in the train station car park for £6 all day and a 10 min walk to show well worth remembering for future shows.

bigyim
    Free Member

I think the 12 quid to park is daylight robbery.
    Overall I was pretty underwelmed by it all. Thought the dirt jumpers were the highlight but the layout around it could have been better.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

It was good this year, better than the previous 2 years. The Van Nicholas Revelstoke with the rigid Ti Lefty fork thing looked superb in the flesh!

Like a GT ‘dale monster 🙂

I plonked a deposit on a set of Hunt Wheels which (in my opinion) looked excellent value.

And yep £12 parking. Scandalous!

iain1775
    Free Member

That’s the one jamj1974, bloody predictive text!

jamj1974

No worries. Predictive text gets me all the time!

kayla1
    Free Member

We went on Friday and enjoyed it but left a little underwhelmed. Highlights for me were the dirt jumping and the new Onza Jackpot in acid dip/raw.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Nec bike show’ is closed to new replies.