Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • NEBOSH block courses
  • bruneep

Looking to do my NEBOSH general cert, anyone done it via a block course? Some providers offer 11 day input then exam is that doable?

Others offer a week input break for 2 another week input then exam?

Interested in the views of those that have done it this way.

Ta

shifter
    Free Member

I did it one week, month off, one week, month off, revision week with exam at the end. Heard horror stories but it wasn’t actually too bad.

shifter
    Free Member

Volenti non fit injuria, ftw.

bruneep

Yes it all seems to be horror stories, can be that bad can it?

Yes that applies to me most days.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Did it 2 weeks on, 2 weeks revision/project then exams.
    Wouldn’t like to have sat the exam straight after the course work, there’s a lot to absorb, particularly the legislative/regulatory part, plus the 2 week break lets you work on the past papers and get your head into exam mode.

MrOvershoot

Like Hilldoger I did the 2 weeks on 2 weeks rev/project then exam. My wife was glad when I had finished. The law part is the hardest as mentioned as if you work in an industrial environment the other papers have more relevance to your day to day stuff.

Oh and be prepared to have a sore writing hand 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Slight hijack! Bruneep, IIRC you are involved with bosiet/mist courses? How long in advance do I have to book? Reckon I may have a window in August, possibly second week.

maddyutah

Woodward do it,more than happy with them when I done it

smogmonster

I did a 2 week block with Shields in Hull. It was very well taught…all 12 on the course passed, apart from the usual tool in every class who thinks he knows it all already…he left halfway through.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I did the Construction Cert (which is very similar, but construction specific) and I did two weeks taught with revision and exams on the Thur & Fri of the third week. Other than one idiot who didn’t come back after 2 days I think we all passed 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘NEBOSH block courses’ is closed to new replies.