Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Nearly got killed yesterday
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

driving down the A1 in strong winds and suddenly, from the other carriageway, a scaffolder board came flying through the air, pierced the windscreen and hit the passenger seat.

Anyone else experienced similar?

I’ve got a pic of the car but don’t know how to post it

Jamie
    Free Member

Where is the picture? Is it on your computer?

Oh, and hopefully you have not seen the film Final Destination 😉

pedalhead
    Free Member

crikey! don’t suppose you know a kid with 666 tattooed on his head?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Yes, the pic is on my computer

toys19
    Free Member

Just don’t, it’s too terrifying in words as it is. Glad it was only property damage.

gecko76

Isn’t that how the bloke from ‘Allo ‘Allo was killed?

You were lucky mate!

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes, the pic is on my computer

Right.

1) Go to http://imgur.com/

2) Click computer

3) Browse to the picture and hit ok.

4) Then click start upload

5) Right click the image and select copy image address (or words to that effect as I am on a Mac so might be different)

6) On STW hit the IMG button, above the text box where you write your post, and paste the image url into the box then hit ok.

…or email it to me and I will do it. Email in profile.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Jamie, I’ve just sent you a copy to your stw@ address, do you want to post up for me

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

drain

Ker-rist. Glad you had a lucky escape.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

jees. Glad you OK

retro83
    Free Member

clucking bell!

Jamie
    Free Member

No pic attached to email, but look like you got it sorted Ben.

Anyways.

DAYAM! You were lucky mate. Got any lottery numbers?

allthepies
    Free Member

Whoa! Bet that gave you the shakes 🙂

Go out and buy a lottery ticket NOW! Your luck is obviously in.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

All happened very quickly, literally bang and theres a plank of wood where my wifes head would have been

j_me
    Free Member

B…Jezuz!!!!

Firstly, you need to report that to the police as

a) I’m sure your insurance company will ask for a police ref.
    b) Just in case they can identify the culprit, you never know they may have stopped him 5 miles up the road for having an unsecured load.

Secondly, please choose me 6 distinct numbers between 1 and 50 for tonight’s lottery, thanks.

<edit> too slow….again</edit>

Jamie
    Free Member

I wonder if the driver of the scaffold lorry even knows its gone? Any witnesses?

Jamie
    Free Member

Go out and buy a lottery ticket NOW! Your luck is obviously in.

Secondly, please choose me 6 distinct numbers between 1 and 50 for tonight’s lottery, thanks.

Back off! I asked first!
    😀

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

At the time, I was strangely calm, I’ve not got a mark on me so it was more ‘bollocks, my screens smashed’; now I’ve time to sleep on it I’m coming to terms with the fact that I could have died

4ndyB
    Free Member

holy crap, serious brown trousers time.

If you got any info (co. name, reg no etc) from the offending vehicle report it to the police. Although I’m thinking you didn’t have time to get any info, but if you did….

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

The police know but the A1 was chaos yesterday, lorries on their side and all sorts. As I had no witnessess and I wasn’t interested they didn’t seem that phased about it, gave me a reference number and on my way

fbk
    Free Member

Crikey! Thank god you were on your own!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

The police know but the A1 was chaos yesterday, lorries on their side and all sorts. As I had no witnessess and I wasn’t interested they didn’t seem that phased about it, gave me a reference number and on my way

Well, you’re alive and there was no-one in the passenger seat. So there is a silver lining eh? 😉

Now try not to think about it too much.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

“wasn’t interested” should have said “wasn’t injured”

igm

Hmmm. That’s resonating. I also drive a 58 plate silver Mundane on the A1 quite a lot. Northeast registered too.

Come to think of it I’m on my 3rd windscreen. Nothing like that though.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

igm- the maddest thing is when i got into the car in the morning it was on the radio that a guy had been killed by a falling tree in strong winds and I thought whats the chance of that happening and 20 minutes later WHAMMO!

crazy-legs

Holy shit! You were VERY lucky (and very unlucky in the same way but you know what I mean…)

I had similar 2 months ago – hit a slim but solid girder lying in the inside lane of the M60 (must have fallen off a lorry or something), it got flipped up by the front wheel, went through the floor, through the fuel tank and embedded itself in the rear suspension at 65mph. 😯

Accident recovery guy could hardly believe it, comments of “it could have gone through your seat”. Insurance co were really good about it as well so hopefully yours will be the same. Now go and buy a lottery ticket for tonight and some medicinal alcohol to calm your nerves!

elliott-20
    Free Member

That is incredible luck on so many levels.

A fraction less acceleration here or a moments pause there and that would have been toast. It’s hardly worth thinking about.

Congratulations keeping your life mate. Enjoy it.

Isn’t that how the bloke from ‘Allo ‘Allo was killed?

It was a similar accident but he didn’t die

Gorden Kaye

Sandwich

There was me expecting a near miss cycling commute incident. I’d have needed a stop for a coffee and a sponge down after that. 🙂

Philby

That looks f’ing scary. Glad to hear no physical harm done.

sambob
    Free Member

OMG.

takisawa2

Bloody hell, glad your ok.
    Frightening.!!!

Me & my two young sons had a lucky escape on the motorway a year or two back, tyre blew-out & the car rolled. Try not to focus on the other outcome. 😉

spooky_b329

Do you know where the board is? Some scaffolders paint the ends or mark them in some way so they don’t go missing…if you can track the company down it will save the ‘have you had any claims in the last 5 years’ when you renew. (and even just a windscreen replacement counts)

kevin1911

Blimey. Just goes to show you never know the minute. Glad no one was hurt. Could have been horrific. Carpe diem!

redthunder
    Free Member

Holy Sheep Shit…. 😯

Glad your OK.

kilo

First thing I thought of when I saw your picture was The Mekons song Flitcraft based on Hammets Maltese Falcon;

http://fallingbeam.org/beam.htm

which may or may not cheer you up

kimbers

this ought to fix it

mudmonster
    Free Member

The bloke from allo allo was badly injured, not killed. He has a scar on his head. I was nearly blown off tower bridge(slight exaggeration)

mudmonster
    Free Member

Jeeesus you were lucky, just seen car pic

Junkyard
    Free Member

lucky man narrow escape glad you are unharmed

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Nearly got killed yesterday’ is closed to new replies.