Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • NDM-1 – worry or the next Media swine flu ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

If its all true.. isn't it amazing how nature has found a way around antibiotics…

MrNutt
    Free Member

phew for a minute I thought we'd all be devoid of a great media scare to worry endlessly about, thank god someone's thinking of those poor drug companies and TV news graphics creators!

GrahamS

God "H1N1 swine flu", remember that eh? What a lot of scaremongering and hype. I mean, yeah there were 1.5 million confirmed cases and around 19,000 deaths, but it was all just hype.

Now this NDM-1 is supposed to be resistant to antibiotics? Sure. Like that happens. As if bacteria can "evolve" – that's just silly.

TheFlyingOx

😐

locomotive

Ah well, after 2.5M years (or whatever current estimates are) of human evolution we've had a good innings.

Make sure you kiss your respective loved ones goodnight as sounds like we may not be waking up tomorrow. Again.

MrNutt
    Free Member

so what's this gonna be called?

"India surgery death from above flu"?

kimbers
    GrahamS

I take it the cynical nay-sayers are aware that plenty of antibiotic-resistant bacterium already exist and cause issues in this country?
    MRSA being one that most people have heard of.

grumm
    Free Member

God "H1N1 swine flu", remember that eh? What a lot of scaremongering and hype. I mean, yeah there were 1.5 million confirmed cases and around 19,000 deaths, but it was all just hype.

TBF though, how does that compare to deaths from regular flu? 19,000 deaths worldwide isn't quite the armageddon we were led to expect.

locomotive

Hasnt MRSA been shown to be several different unconnected bacteria all bundled under one tabloid shifting title?

Let me know if not and I'll make sure I stop getting sleep at night

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think the music from the latest Sky HD advert featuring a poetic Eric Cantona is really lovely.

Shostakovich – Jazz Suite No. 2: VI. Waltz 2 – Part 6/8

locomotive

Yes, shame its now associated with Sky Tv and Cantona

Would of been better as a soundtrack for this…
    Link

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah but it's got Cantona in it. A complete **** idiot who thinks more about laying out some football fan who called him nasty names rather than his career.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

BLASPHEMER!

Hush your mouth!

The 'Kung-Fu' incident followed Cantona being racially abused. His 'victim' was a nasty little convicted racist thug.

"I have a lot of good moments, but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan."

Good on him. I hate Man U, but I applauded Cantona for that one. I think most decent football fans did the same. Maybe not exactly the right course of action, but the sentiment was spot-on.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Locomotive; great little video!

'One foot wrong and yer DEAD'

What a nutter.

Lovely bit of music though, eh? Heard it before, but nice that it's being given exposure.

Northwind

I really hate this crap tbh… The swine flu had the potential to be a disaster. The fact that it didn't work out that way doesn't mean it was all hype or pointless scaremongering- that's like saying that there's no point in wearing a seatbelt because you didn't crash yesterday.

Course, the way it was handled was very poor, handing out antibiotics willy nilly which is essentially what you do if you want to create resistant bacteria, and that's important to learn from too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘NDM-1 – worry or the next Media swine flu ?’ is closed to new replies.