Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • navy boyos, gift ideas for the deployed?
  • HansRey

my brother’s about to be deployed in the Gulf for 8 months or so. He’ll be out there on his birthday and xmas. Question is, what would be a good gift for him?

I suppose it should be small and lightweight.

Any help is really appreciated, i’m stumped!

audiophile
    Free Member

Nintemdo 3ds

monkeychild
    Free Member

Ky jelly?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is he in the Welsh Navy?

wrecker
    Free Member

Brasso for the rivet and nail polish for the bunk 😀

HansRey

Brasso for the rivet and nail polish for the bunk

*groans*

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Groan some more then…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/4bKQF2]sailor[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Some blobs? (girl in every port & all that)

m0rk
    Free Member

Gift voucher for Diggers in Bahrain

dantsw13

Having been the one deployed in the past, any gifts received are great!! I’d pack a parcel for Xmas full of little bits – Santa hat, crackers, choccies, letter/picture written/drawn by the kids, a small set of Xmas lights – that sort of stuff. Oh, and the WORST possible Xmas jumper!!!

somafunk

A kindle with loads of books

rene59
    Free Member

Fleshlight.

wrecker
    Free Member

*groans*

Might need some lube too in that case.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Brasso for the rivet and nail polish for the bunk

Might need some lube too in that case.

Send him a new digital camera so he can get phots of himself and his mates having a good time in the sunshine whilst Percy Pongo is pretending to be a tree in the pissin rain somewhere in North Yorkshire 😆

craigxxl
    Free Member

Having been the one deployed in the past, any gifts received are great!! I’d pack a parcel for Xmas full of little bits – Santa hat, crackers, choccies, letter/picture written/drawn by the kids, a small set of Xmas lights – that sort of stuff. Oh, and the WORST possible Xmas jumper!!!

Also been on the receiving end and the above is ideal although chocolate tends to melt. Haribos for long patrols, nice teabags and small gimmick’s make life better. Unfortunately my mother never read anything like this and sent me four large parcels. Each containing hideous woolly jumpers.

monkeychild
    Free Member

For different reasons

I’m in the forces BTW.

tcomc1000
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with being welsh and in the Navy!:)
    If you able to download or know people who can download all the latest tv series and upto date films, stick them on a hard drive and send to him, that is always gratefully received. After being on board with the same people for 8 months, the ability to plug in headphones and lose yourself in upto date tv and films is worth it’s weight in gold.
    ( and if you want to win the extra bonus points, a film or two with the naked ladies will ensure he gets you something fantastic for your birthday)
    M

wrecker
    Free Member

Send him a new digital camera so he can get phots of himself and his mates having a good time in the sunshine whilst Percy Pongo is pretending to be a tree in the pissin rain somewhere in North Yorkshire

He’ll need a 3G card so that he can upload all those pics of him and his “mates” having all that “fun” to www . polelovingsailors . com

( and if you want to win the extra bonus points, a film or two with the naked ladies will ensure he gets you something fantastic for your birthday)

It’ll give him something to trade with the WRENs.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

It’ll give him something to trade with the WRENs.

Well you`ve got to get your lippy from somewhere eh 😉

HansRey

digital media and haribo are good, thanks for the tips.

Why on earth would you want woolly jumpers off Bahrain? It can’t be cold, shirley… 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

pron and durex just in case 🙂

Gunz
    Free Member

I always enjoy receiving a few UK car/bike/tech magazines. They’re hard to get hold of when away and US MTB mags are dreadful.

wrecker
    Free Member

Well you`ve got to get your lippy from somewhere eh

😀
    I’m just joking of course, the navy are a good laugh. Unless you’re on their boat (SHIP! IT’S A F***ING SHIP!); then they just consider you cargo and it’s pretty clear you’re an inconvenience.

monkeychild
    Free Member

It does get nippy over there of an evening.

Duffer
    Free Member

It does get nippy over there of an evening.

For about a week. In the depth of winter.

I’ll be over that way myself as of Jan. A mere 6 months for me, though!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

then they just consider you cargo and it’s pretty clear you’re an inconvenience

If they can put up with bootnecks they can put up with anyone…………..even crabs 😉

dantsw13

It has aircon below decks, and I’ll wager there will be a Best/Worst Xmas jumper competition on board!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘navy boyos, gift ideas for the deployed?’ is closed to new replies.