Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Navigating a route i dont know- Macclesfield
  • carlos
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Yeah that’s the one. If you need to get back to Orchard Farm its dead easy as where you have to turn right onto another track, you would go left and then at the tarmac right up the Yellow Road.

AlexSimon

carlo – I’m assuming it’s too steep to ride up?

carlos
    Free Member

No not really, not at all actually Alex, but it is grass and imo more fun than riding round the wall through the bog to Orchard Farm and then descending into 3 Shires

We only ever come down it following on from the quarries then either up through Holt Farm or Cut Thorn to get onto Cumberland or round Turn Edge to get over to Flash/Goldstich Moss, Gradbach and the Roaches

M6TTF
    Free Member

any locals remember when charity lane turned into an ice rink? it was unridable for weeks

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

mind if I jump in too? I’ve also just moved to the area and will be looking to get out and about once I’ve found which box has my warm riding gear in it!

Are there any regular rides or clubs in the area? (I’m in Biddulph)

cheers
    Mark

cookci
    Free Member

I think there is a group called the mac wheelers.

BTW does anyone know if the routes going through the forest on the left of this screen shot are legit/worth doing?

carlos
    Free Member

The line that drops towards Teggs Nose Country Park and the ons directly from it are. If you keep right at the bottom of the err bottom one, then right again that’ll take you all the way down past the reserviours and all that’s legit. If you go right then follow the road round to the left it’ll take you up Hacked away Lane which is a steepish rocky climb, then on Tarmac all the way up,to the start of Charity Lane.

The others? No, not legit but it doesn’t stop people ridding them

Email?

Carlos

AlexSimon

The track that drops straight off the nose, is really good, but it looks to me like people are sessioning it on big bikes as some really deep carves are developing. I think it’s probably a pretty sensitive place to ride.

M6TTF – those ice photos look amazing. That was a pretty epic winter all round. Wish we could have a bit more of that frost this year!

cookci
    Free Member

Are we talking from langley to teggs or teggs to langley?
    Christianscook@gmail.com

carlos
    Free Member

cookci – Member
    Are we talking from langley to teggs or teggs to langley?

Not sue on the question?

Alex – Best ridden in the dry or frozen solid. The drop past the wilderness library is another good run off the top. Not as quick or steep but good enough (except for 1x gate) and brings to out at the gate before the climb up Hacked Way Lane

coockci – I’ll mail you later when at home with a route or 2 that should keep you interested and help you to link stuff up.

AlexSimon

The drop past the wilderness library is another good run off the top. Not as quick or steep but good enough (except for 1x gate) and brings to out at the gate before the climb up Hacked Way Lane

I haven’t tried that for years actually – I’ll pay a visit when the ground firms up a bit.

cookci
    Free Member

so the “three shires” bit….

i need to ride past the entrance to cumberland brook (which would be on my right)

then go left after the corner on the a54 then left again onto the descent then climb back up to the A54?
    does that sound right?

carlos
    Free Member

Personally I’d opt for the Quarries loop instead but if you go right at the end of Danebower, then take the first proper driveway on the left and as it sweeps round to the house, go right through 2, maybe 3 gates quite close together, you then pick up tractor tracks going left down to another gate, Left through this and kinda cut across the field, you’ll end up in a soggy sunken track with a wall running alongside on the left, follow this to the gate, straight ahead down a nice bit and when you get to the bridge on your left (3 Shires) keep straight ahead again, follow the climb to the top (Cut Thorn) , go right to the A54 and right again, look out for Cumberland Clough on your left.

The field will be a bit soggy but better to descend than climb it IMO

HTH
    Carlos

cookci
    Free Member

Sounds good thank. I’ve sent you a map and wondering if you could highlight which section is the descent in question please?

carlos
    Free Member

No worries, I’ll have a look later.

Which descent do you want high lighting??

The quarries into 3 Shires
    Field into 3 Shire

Carlos

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Navigating a route i dont know- Macclesfield’ is closed to new replies.