Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • National rail, 3 million pound fine, 11 people dead…………………..
  • project
    Free Member

So lets get this right the staff employed failed in their job, the management failed, 9 years latter they get fined 3 million, that we all pay as its a tax payer owned company.

2 questions , why did it take so long,to reach a conclusion when it was already stated that faulty points where the problem and why are not the individuals responsible liable for the fine.

Also want Greyrigg caused by faulty points, that where not properley maintained.

Details of both accidents on http://www.raib.gov.uk.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

that we all pay as its a tax payer owned company

Well actually the company responsible for the Potter’s Bar train crash, Railtrack, was a completely private company.

But you’re right, the taxpayer will have to shoulder the cost because the private sector was far too incompetent to be allowed to keep their hands on something as important as the rail infrastructure. Now of course publicly owned Network Rail is responsible…….so something else to focus your daily outrage and indignation on project.

No wait, I’ve remember that you despise the public sector project – I do believe that you think all public sector workers are lazy incompetent and greedy, and that privatisation is the solution to this appalling state of affairs. This is going to be a difficult one for you project 😐

kaesae
    Free Member

Politicians and usless idiocy go together like beer and farting!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In what way were politicians responsible for Potter’s Bar train crash kaesae ……… because they privatised the railways ?

Well I think you’ll find that the buck stops with the electorate…….they elected the politicians.

If I recall correctly, only one major political party was arguing that the railways should be privatised at the time that they were.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘National rail, 3 million pound fine, 11 people dead…………………..’ is closed to new replies.