National Park access – National Park fools.

Home Forum Chat Forum National Park access – National Park fools.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • National Park access – National Park fools.
  • wrightyson

They could possibly add some kind of tracking device to your camelbak then you could just pay directly via your credit card? Didnt read it all , does the scheme start today per chance???

thegreatape

Yes, trial period starts with immediate effect.

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

bloody hell. you’d have to be a fool to come up with a policy like this.

pete68

Saying nothing

ojom

Love that company name. Clever.

Premier Icon RobinL
    Subscriber

Well as I’m a slow rider and it’s on a sliding scale for speed I shouldn’t have to pay as much as the average singletrack trail god on this site 😀

thegreatape

pete68 – shhh

wrightyson

As robin said, the peaks pootle will have to take on the true meaning of the word pootle or there’ll be no money for burgers/pints after the ride! Reminds me, I must join in on one of those this year, if I can afford it that is!!

davidjones15

I didn’t read it all, but that’s absolutely disgusting. We pay enough taxes already and now we are to be charged for accessing public rights of way.
    The best things in life are free??? The more I see, the more I wonder about this country. It’s all abit sad, innit? 😥

Premier Icon Del
    Subscriber
    jp-t853

I can’t see this lasting long!

thegreatape

This is a disgrace.

Charges for accessing National Park.

Trust the Tories to support this.

konabunny

Do you think there will be a discount scheme for people that promise not to look at the view?

brakes

Surely the faster you travel the less damage you do?

They appear to be using the Oyster Card swipe card system, I wonder what Zone the Peaks are? Zone 112? Not sure the Northern Line goes that far.

yunki

As a permanent resident of the UK’s ‘most interesting National Park’ I was approached by Scherz-Offyerbach when they were recruiting for staff to police this project..

As well as having power to arrest and the power to issue spot fixed penalties, one of my main responsibilities will be applying the electro magnetic collar to service users when they enter the Park at one of the many toll booths situated at intervals around the perimeter fence..

The collars will employ a similar technology to those used in the movie ‘Battle Royale’ enabling a ‘consequence’ to be applied to the wearer..

A ‘consequence’ would be applied to enforce card swiping and an electronic reader would immediately activate the device in the event of deviation from pre-determined routes.. improper usage of classified trails and swipe point avoidance etc..

All members of the public entering the parks will be fitted with the collars with special extra large versions being available for those suffering with food related disabilities..

I had to turn the job down unfortunately

yunki

double post

Premier Icon stumpyjon
    Subscriber

🙄 😆

Premier Icon Nipper99
    Subscriber

nearly had me there!

cbike

As much as it goes against everything they stand for and despite the april fool I can see American style restrictions and policing coming to places like Loch Lomond and the Peaks. The funding will have to come from access charges or tourist taxes.

Average Joe just doesn’t care. He’s the inner tube dumping, gel wrapper dropper and camps bedsides roads and leaves his barbeque behind.

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

I heard somewhere that blind people will get a discount. Short people will also get a bit off too I think, especially on walks with hedges alongside the route.

Premier Icon postierich
    Subscriber

Being a Postie that delivers in a National Park we were briefed about this a couple of months ago that it could be a possibility,Never thought it would actually happen but got issued with a permit card this morning which I have to hand back when I finish work which is a bit of a bugger 🙄

Rich

yunki

As a resident we have been issued with a universal pass that works as a master key at all checkpoints, swipe-points and toll booths nationwide..

I have been working tirelessly over the weekend to replicate these and can now offer a cloned pass card at the introductory knockdown price of £99 each.. (buy 4 and get a fifth free) this price is only available on the first run of 200.. after that prices will increase disproportionately

paypal gift to my email thankyou please

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘National Park access – National Park fools.’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top