Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • National Dinghy Show
  • garage-dweller

Has anyone been in the last few years?

I fancy a trip with my seven year old this year to try and trigger a bit of interest especially as we live right by a nice local sailing club that I’ve been itching for an excuse to join after a few years off sailing with kids being small.

Is it all the big companies these days or do the class associations and the niche stuff still stick in an appearance?

Does it still have that friendly vibe from the 90s?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

zanelad
    Free Member

The Dinghy Show, at Alexander Palace is the show place for clubs and classes. They’ll be some trade stands, but the vast majority will be class associations and clubs extolling the virtues of their boat or club.

Not been for a while, but ’twas always a cracking day.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, good day out. Loads to see and plenty of stands with dinghies on. Really friendly folks manning the stands, plenty of places to eat and drink.
    If it’s sunny it’ll be very warm in there, you might want to get in the car park early too.

I did a stint of 4 years on our club stand, fabulous place to meet up with old mates and new members alike.

Enjoy, definitely worth going.

garage-dweller

Thanks both. Was hoping it was still like I remembered from last trip there round about 2000 and sounds like it is.

I’m going to try and do it by train and bit of a walk/cab ride. I remember the car park/traffic being a real arse.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘National Dinghy Show’ is closed to new replies.