Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • National cycle route 4 – London to Fishguard
  • Wibble
    Free Member

Anyone done the whole thing? Any idea of total mileage? Can’t see it on Sustrans website.

Ta

Wibble
    Free Member

Yeah found that, but no total mileage in there that I can see.

CountZero

London to Bristol’s approx 130 miles: I live in Chippenham which is on the 403 offshoot through Marlborough/Avebury/Calne/Chippenham/Lacock/Melksham, and Chippenham is 100 miles from London by rail, Bristol around 30 miles from Chippenham. Add on possibly the same to Fishguard? It’s a fair old trip that’s for sure. Most direct route would be to follow Route 4 along the Kennet and Avon Canal, which is flat, 403 has some ups and downs across the Marlborough Downs, but you do get to visit Avebury, and you can detour to Silbury Hill as well. Lovely countryside an views whichever you choose.

Wibble
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info Count, but.. I live in Devizes. Visit Avebury twice a day on the way to & from work! 🙂

Was looking for an accurate distance as it winds about a hell of a lot, especially in Wales. We were guessing around 300? Just thought someone might have done it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘National cycle route 4 – London to Fishguard’ is closed to new replies.