Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nasty Thieving Scumbag!
  • dekadanse
    Free Member

It pains me to have to do this, but I need to warn other STW users about an STW member who has relieved me of £95, and provided no goods in return.

I advertised in the Wanted section for an XX1 cassette and chain. Eric Stensflod (ericstenflod@gmail.com) contacted me, and after initially attempting to sell me a whole XX1 groupset, we agreed that he would send me an XX1 cassette and chain in exchange for £95 paid into his bank account. I duly paid the money (+ £22 transfer fee, because he forgot to tell me that he is/was in Norway) and waited…and waited…and waited. Eric was very slow to respond, but when he did so, it was to claim that UK Mail must have lost the parcel. When I asked him for all the UK Mail postage details and reference number, he went silent on me. And so it has remained since.

I’m afraid I have no expectation of getting my money back, but I do need to warn other forum members.

Best, Mike

scotroutes

Who wants to tell him?

Sorry buddy but there’s been a spate of these Scandinavian scams.

martinhutch

The Wanted section is awash with these bastards.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/beware-posters-of-wtd-ads

BoardinBob

As an experienced classified seller I would have expected you to be smarter…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/eric-stensflod-martin-bergersen-anyone-know-them etc etc.

Which is not to say you’re wrong to flag it up again. Nothing wrong with raising more awareness, and sorry you got done.

As an experienced classified seller I would have expected you to be smarter…

I imagine the OP appreciates that kick to the ribs. Could have waited till they go up off the floor, tho.

retro83
    Free Member
    boblo
    Free Member

Oh dear, another one bites the dust. You fell for the bank transfer bolleaux.

I recently advertised for some DA Pedals and one of those Scandahooligan con men popped up. For some reason my ‘about to get shafted’ radar went to defcon 3 and I hadn’t seen any of the warnings.

I refused the bank transfer trick and he swiftly disappeared. Doesn’t help you but I wouldn’t send money to anyone I don’t know without some sort of insurance cover e.g. pukka PayPal.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Nasty thieving scum bag yes but XX1 cassette and chain for £95? Too good to be true?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nasty Thieving Scumbag!’ is closed to new replies.