Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Nasty car/bike incident – do I report?
  • ski
    Free Member

Reading my local paper, the police are looking for a car that had a number of cyclist forced off the road recently.

(car did not stop partial plate taken)

Now reading the description of the car involved, it sounds like the very same person and motor that tried to force me off the road about a year ago and it was in the same location.

The type of car,colour, age, description of people all fit, its not a common car either.

Is it worth reporting my incident or not to the police do you think, could it help in any way?

😕

wwaswas

dial 101 and talk to the police and see what they say.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Probbaly, sound’s like they’re taking it seriously and if it was a year ago it’s clearly not a one off.

unklehomered
    Free Member

wouldn’t do any harm, but its a shame you didn’t at the time, as you could then refer to the earlier report, given the time between I doubt they could take it into account, unless they had other reports, which is very possible if the guy does it a lot.

ski
    Free Member

unklehomered – Member
    shame you didn’t at the time

That did cross my mind, I commute on a different route now, but back then, near misses seemed to happen every month, so never took that much notice.

But this one I remember because he pulled level with me on the move, to have some words, then tride to curb me.

I will report it, cannot see it will do any harm and might just help in some way.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’m the same, I didn’t report any, despite how close they came to actually taking me out…

If its in the paper it my be because they suspect there are others.

Speshpaul

why not. Ten minutes on the phone, might help get a looney off the road

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yes – it will add to the case against him

Stoner
    Free Member

ski – would that be the one in the Malvern Gazette today?

I shall keep me eye out as Im frequently on that road, although by scooter not bicycle. Handy having such a good description and partial plate though…

mrelectric

I was knocked off in my village 2 yrs ago; the driver stopped and it was all sorted out well by the CTC lawyers (months on)but police were not interested in my reporting it (careless driving etc?)unless someone was killed, badly injured or the road blocked.

jwmlee
    Free Member

I used to report stuff to the police but after several bad experiences, I no longer bother. Mate of mine was rear ended on his bike, witnesses saw driver using her mobile phone. Police wouldn’t check phone records because his injuries were ‘serious enough’.

People have resorted to commuting with video cams – so they have hard evidence and can publicize it if there is inaction.

There are parts of the area I would never ride in because the driving standards are so poor.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Makes you wonder what the police are there for.

ski
    Free Member

Reported it and it also sounds like I am not the only cyclist who had a near miss with this driver, I don’t want to go into too much detail on a public forum Stoner, but yes, it was the local one to you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

To those of yo that have issues with police inaction.

all injury RTCs must be reported and you need to pester them for action – formal complaints to the police force in question

Stoner
    Free Member

A name was suggested in the pub based on the details in the article. So Id expect Inspector Knacker will have something to go on soon anyway.

How they cant id the registered keeper from the info in the public domain already is beyond me though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Nasty car/bike incident – do I report?’ is closed to new replies.