Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Nasal clearing etiquette
  • rbrstr
    Free Member

On a recent club ride I got a full nostril load down my right leg after the guy in front had a turf out, I thought “great, thanks!” But said nothing and put it down to one of those things. However, the same guy over the course of ten miles or so nailed me three more times, twice to the face. On the fourth occasion I cycled alongside and asked if he could go to the back of the group to do that as he’d now gobbed over me four times. He wordlessly did so and stayed at the back for the rest of the club ride and spoke to no-one, I felt really bad about it, am I an asshole or is this really bad form?

mrmo
    Free Member

bad form, if your going to snot rocket, get out of the way of others, your not racing, every second doesn’t count. drop to the back move out to the side do whatever gets you away from others.

honourablegeorge

I wouldn’t have been keeping quiet after one, never mind three.

martinhutch

If he got the hump over being asked not to unload his mucus into the faces of his fellow riders, hopefully you’ve done the club a service by getting him to flounce.

I’m sure there are other clubs where exchange of bodily fluids is all part of the Sunday ride out.

fathomer

honourablegeorge – Member
    I wouldn’t have been keeping quiet after one, never mind three.

This!

souldrummer
    Free Member

Having just come back from a ride with 5 others, everyone moved out of each other’s way to ‘clear the passages’. I was fine as I was at the back most of the time!!!

Stiggy

Aren’t you meant to signal with the appropriate hand to the person behind which side you’re gonna snot?

chief9000
    Free Member

Aren’t you meant to signal with the appropriate hand to the person behind which side you’re gonna snot?

You are indeed.

Merak

I tend to expel upon my top tube, cos Im a gentleman.

Marin
    Free Member

He’s a twit always check behind before snotting even if riding alone.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

crack shot indeed…

best i can muster is only to hit myself whilst riding alone

sas78

I got one in the face on my commute home one night, went apeshit. Guy sped up, tried to lose me so I chased him down for him to claim he didn’t speak English. He understood the international language of sign swearing though! he was quite quick though so the training was good, but not worth a face full of snot! Filthy bastards should always check behind before evacuation. Simple

allthepies
    Free Member

Unless some random rider has entered wheelsuck mode without any communications 🙂

househusband

…or is this really bad form?

Absolutely not; you were far more tolerant than most!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Unless some random rider has entered wheelsuck mode without any communication

Indeed, it’s positively good form to snot them in that case 😀

stuey
    Free Member

Was it not possible to ‘wee in his shoes’ mid peloton?

edhornby

if you’re in a line then everything should be done at the back, like taking a drink, eating, firing a rocket etc as you should be concentrating on the riding when in front and keeping on the wheel and staying smooth when in the middle

and yes I’d have said something on the first one

mrelectric

There’s a whole set of peloton semaphore I saw once. Yup, snot rocket left or right was in there, with more techical ones and do remember it being pretty clear.

rbrstr
    Free Member

He’s clearly a t wat then. im newish to club rides so didnt have the immediate confidence to kick off after the first missile, ill know for next time if there is one,

cheers all 😉

GrahamS

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8fnNeeJ9Og[/video]

lightman
    Free Member

if you’re in a line then everything should be done at the back, like taking a drink

Really!
    If your bike handling skills are so poor that you can’t drink without endangering others around you, maybe you shouldn’t be riding with others!

butcher
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Nasal clearing etiquette’ is closed to new replies.