Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • NAS
  • z1ppy

What am I missing on this.. a Buffalo LinkStation LS220 6TB (2 x 3TB) 2 Bay Desktop NAS
    http://www.ebuyer.com/630706-buffalo-linkstation-ls220-6tb-2-x-3tb-2-bay-desktop-nas-ls220d0602-eu

can’t find much in the way of reviews (amazon has mainly glowing user reviews).. but it has 2x 3TB drives fitted, I called and confirmed …probably not the fastest but it’ll be only slightly more expensive than upgrading the drives in my current NAS!

peterfile
    Free Member

Does it definitely have two drives fitted for that price? Maybe the guy on the phone got it wrong? Seems very cheap

Supported HDD Capacities – 1, 2, 3, 4TB (sold separately)

EDIT: Just spotted that you can get the enclosure for £65!

Cougar

Looks like it.

Installed Devices / Modules Qty 2 (installed) / 2 (max)

wwaswas

I think it might as they list the enclosure (sans drives) separatly for £70.

http://www.ebuyer.com/630707-buffalo-linkstation-ls220-2-bay-desktop-nas-enclosure-ls220de-eu

nemesis
    Free Member

The reviews suggest it has two

z1ppy

Yep, he had to call someone else to confirm, & if you read the reviews, they mention them having drives. There’s several drive sizes available & today this one is cheaper than the smaller 4TB version..

z1ppy

..well I’ve ordered one, so we’ll see if it’s any good

leeroybrown
    Free Member

its gone up to £181 now i missed that one!

z1ppy

Arrived the other day but I’ve only just unpacked it.. came with a couple of western digital 3TB green (wd30ezrx) drives.. very happy with it as a bargain, though I’m to set it up and have the joy of transferring over the data from my old NAS

peterfile
    Free Member

Funnily enough, I just spotted those exact drives on Amazon today for £73 (which is a good price for them I believe), so this is still a good deal even at £181.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘NAS’ is closed to new replies.