Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Narrow/Wide chainring with no clutch mech – Pleasantly surprised!
  • kimbers

Mbnut

no!

Im just waiting for hope to make one……..

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-36-9-cassette

Northwind

hora – Member

Can you run a 10spd cassette with a 9speed mech?

Yep. If it’s Shimano and you’re using a 9-speed mtb mech and 10-speed brifters.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I used the 32t Goldtec chainring (now with an XT clutch mech) yesterday for the masters race at Eastridge Woods. No ‘Strava gloating’ this time I’m afraid (I did terrible), but I was mightily impressed with the setup. The long descent on the Eastridge course is seriously bumpy (to the point of arm pump and finger ache by the bottom) and full of well secured fist-to-head size rocks that bounce you around everywhere.

No chain issues and a silent drive train throughout, the standard setup would have been clattering around and almost certainly dropping the chain a few times. I’m totally sold on the idea (until I run out of legs on a massive climb anyway!)

mcnultycop

30t RaceFace with a 11-36 and Zee mech on the FS round Lee and Cragg this weekend. No chain drops, little noise and no slap either (as I forgot to put my chainstay protector on this was noticeable).

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Narrow/Wide chainring with no clutch mech – Pleasantly surprised!’ is closed to new replies.