Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Narrow Wide chainring on DH rig
  • jonnyblease
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’ve got a Shimano Zee clutch mech paired with a 34t narrow wide (Raceface) chainring on my trail bike (1×10). It’s been absolutely flawless so far, albeit I’ve only ridden it 4 or 5 times since converting.

My DH bike is needing some TLC, has anyone done a conversion like the above on the DH bike? I’m not sure how well it will work without a chain guide over serious rough terrain (I’m having flashbacks from Les Get braking bumps in the summer eughhh)

PS with an 11-23 rear cassette would a 32t chainring be about right?

Thanks in advance

st

Why not give it a try? If it doesn’t work just buy a chain guide, nothing stopping you from using the N/W ring with a guide and you’ll have a new ring to boot.

I’ve got a 35t chainring on my DH bike and normally run this kind of size. I had a 32 for a short while when I build my last big frame up and it was too small.

jonnyblease
    Free Member

Cheers, reckon I’ll go for the 34t then. I’ll give it a go 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

I’ve been wondering about doing away with the bottom roller on mine and just keeping the taco and top guide, interested to hear how you get on. I ruled it out at first thinking security was most important but then the best chain security I’ve had on the hardtail is the narrow/wide by itself, so maybe…

jonnyblease
    Free Member

Just ordered it all so I’ll let you know how I get on

honourablegeorge

Cam Zink managed a 75ft backflip without losing his chain

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Cam-Zinks-Prototype-Hyper-Red-Bull-Rampage.html

gb1m
    Free Member

I have a zee mech NW race face 32 with a bash on my hardtail. I’ve managed to loose the chain twice now 😕 And one of those times was at llandegla, thinking I might have to put a top device on now .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Narrow Wide chainring on DH rig’ is closed to new replies.