Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Narrow-ish 27.5 tyre for rear.
  • chr15
    Free Member

What tyre would folks recommend that’s on the narrower side, 2.1-2.2″ (frame is rather tight on mud room) please?

Running the frame with 26″ wheels (adjustable dropouts allow the option of 27.5) a 2.25 smorgasbord was just a little wide and a spesh The Captain 2.1″ fitted fine but was a little lacking in mud /damp conditions…

So, any suggestions?

Thanks.

cokie

I’ve got the same issue with my T129. I’ve gone for a Maxxis Beaver Exo 2.2. Plenty wide enough, good all rounder- although it excels in the mud were the mini spikes cut through. Tyre clears quickly too. I’d definitely opt for the Exo casing though. Stock beavers have fairly thin sidewalls.

chr15
    Free Member

That’s a good shout thanks Cookie.

Any love for nevegals in 2.1″?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

2.2 trail boss.

chr15
    Free Member

The Trail Boss looks good but is 2.25 – do they measure up on the small side in real life?

SirHC

2.1″ ground control
    2.2″ ardent race
    2.2″ XR3

woody2000

2.25 Ardent comes up quite narrow IME.

chr15
    Free Member

Well, based on a visual comparison with what I was running on this frame before on 26″ wheels I plumped for the Ardent 2.25. Evidently my eye is out as it was too wide.

Now settled on the Ground Control 2.1 after wrestling it on (fairy snug on an Arch EX!)

Why such a burly frame has such little clearance I’ve no idea, great otherwise… (Identiti AKA)

Thanks for the input.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Narrow-ish 27.5 tyre for rear.’ is closed to new replies.