Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Narrow boats in disguise…..
  • Bunnyhop

This mornings quick pootle took me along the ‘Peak Forest canal’ from Marple to New Mills, where I spotted: A Trotter independent traders narrow boat, painted completely yellow with Rodney and Del boy at the helm. Further along was a really funny grey boat named ‘Nautilus’ with the tiny round windows. Then an all black boat with the white and black check trim to resemble an American cop car of some description.

Made me chuckle (sorry no pictures as I didn’t carry a camera).

GrahamS

“Narrow boats in disguise” – Worst. Transformer. Ever.

druidh
    Free Member

z1ppy

EDIT: too slow, was trying to locate it’s name..

druidh
    Free Member

U-8047 🙂

U-BOAT in car license plate stylee….

stumpy01

^^^bet that gets hot inside when the sun shines!!

I am a bit disappointed. I was hoping to see a Bumblebee-esque narrow boat.

goon
    Free Member

Anybody else remember the Royal Navy narrow boats from the ’70s?

More information.

brooess
    Free Member

There’s one called Iron Maiden moored up in Paddington. Got the right graphic style for the lettering but sadly no all-over Eddie 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah some of them are nice but some of the dwellers are right selfish types who litter the towpath with all manner of junk, like it’s their own personal scrapyard, let their scabby dogs run all over the place scaring kiddies and causing cyclists to crash, then get all arsey when you suggest they might like to consider other towpath users…

Bunnyhop

druidh and zippy – those U-boats are fantastic.

z1ppy

Someone actually photographed it for a bike thread of late, I was quite surprised by it.. (same U-boat BTW).
    I’m again impressed by the Royal Navy canal barges

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Unfortunately, I go in the other direction to work, the ice cream here is excellent, cornish double cream or something.

yunki
    Free Member

Bunnyhop

I love the way ^^^^ has a really sweet name written on the side (maryBeth) and then a mahoosive, grey, scary, sea monster on the side, giving out the evil eye.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Narrow boats in disguise…..’ is closed to new replies.