Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Nant Yr Arian , wots it like then?
  • earl_brutus

Anygood? Im off for a weekend with bikes for offroad fun and beer in March, STW opinion on the place?

thank you please

glenp
    Free Member

Brilliant. Mark of Zorro is as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned.

Not a very extensive network of trails though. Suppose you could just go round twice – after the first one you will certainly want to.

earl_brutus

oh, an terrain wise, would you take the Bullit (DH Spec) or the Superlight (er super and light spec)

glenp
    Free Member

Superlight. Its smooth swoopy singletrack. Couple of strong-ish climbs, one quite long bugger. Bullit would be rubbish and make people point and laugh.

MrAgreeable

Superlight, it's XC territory all the way. The long trail (Summit) is basically all the short trails put together, plus an extra loop of rocky natural double track. As Glen P says I doubt there's a weekend's riding there, head over to Machynlleth and do the Cli-Machx too!

mt
    Free Member

There are trails out of the forest that go for miles with great lonely single track. These trails are way marked but a map helps. Cafe good, views great plus loads of Red Kites for those Bill Oddie moments. Un sung gem of a trail center.

Olly
    Free Member

superlight.

its fast as hell overthere, something you can pedal.
    not uncommon to bigring down sections over there,
    Its awesome 🙂 and my favorite centre.

high as a kite is my favorite bit of singletrack ever 🙂

glenp
    Free Member

Bullit might be fun on the Cli-Machx, because it is more rocky/steppy/jumpy – although you could get down there on anything.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Go to Nant, but buy a copy of OS Explorer 213 … loads of stuff to ride there. Perhaps ride from Nant to Mach', do the ClimachX then ride back. Makes a superb big day out. You could also head for the highest rideable point in the Cambrian mountains.

So much scope, if you want any route pointers email me and yes the Bullit would be too much bike.

Stuart

hughjengin
    Free Member

Nant yr Arian = Great centre, rode the long trail and the short one a few weeks back in orrible weather, some sections of singletrack are the best I have ridden for a very long time

earl_brutus

ace,

tempted to leave the bullit then, it is set up for Alpine exploits more than anything else…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

High as a Kite and Mark of Zorro – Arguably the best hand built singletrack sections in Wales. Extensive trails over the hills too. Flowy, quiet and scenic. Next Wales road trip will be more exploration of Nant + Mach.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another fan here. Mark of Zorro, as already mentioned, has to be one of the best "grin inducing" moments out there! And the barra brith in the centre is the shizzle, look you!

As mentioned above, MAch is worth a trip as well, just up the road. The last DH of the Climachx is utterly brilliant. Really amazingly good, it just keeps on going!

Some vids to whet yer whistle on here – http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/helmet_camera_video.html

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

There are really two marked trails:

Summit: a short (15kish) loop, lasts about 1hr. Very fast, flowy and great fun. You don't need a DH style rig (in fact it's more fun if you don't, trust me).

Continental (may have been renamed recently): The same as above, but with an extra load of stuff, mostly doubletrack and some very loose descents. DO NOT undertake this without a waterproof, this takes you into the @rse end of nowhere and it gets very cold very quickly. I am not joking.

There's also loads of MX type tracks around if you look hard enough, but as someone else said, get a map.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Best trail centre I've been to.

Bregante

love it…… apart from the legburner 😳

mtbfix

Loved it, especially 'mark of zorro' section. The centre building is very good too. Drive 90mins south to Brechfa too for a bit more 'natural' trails.

sofatester
    Free Member

It looks poo on paper, in reality is about as good as it gets. Do all 3 trails starting with the longest.

It will make sense the 3rd time down the final decent, just watch those pine trees!

😀

rOcKeTdOg

leg burner is the best bit, just don't eat lots of cake before you start it 😕

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Nant Yr Arian , wots it like then?’ is closed to new replies.