Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nant-y-Arian or Coed-y-Brenin Conditions?
  • hitman
    Free Member

Anyone know what its like up there today?

hitman
    Free Member

Or Afan?

iolo
    Free Member

Coed y Brenin will be fine today.The sun is shining and snow melting in my garden which is only 3 miles away from the visitor center.
    There was no major ice yesterday when I went for a walk along some of the MBR.
    Enjoy.

nostoc
    Free Member

I'm about a mile from NyA. The snow on surrounding hills seems to have disappeared overnight so trails should be clear.

hitman
    Free Member

think I'll head up tomorrow 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

Nant is VERY icy. I've been aroudn the Pendam this morning and all the fire roads are COMPLETELY iced over:

Singletrack is rideable although I can't account for Zoro as we didn't fancy the leg burner if it was an icerink. The top section was bad enough. It's now raining heavily (I live a couple miles away), so I don't know whether this will add to the problem or not.

If it's not too far to drive, then go ahead. It's fun but slow and different. More sketchy icy fun than a good thrashing.

Bregante

I can't account for Zoro as we didn't fancy the leg burner if it was an icerink

how funny would that be 😯 . Feels like I'm on ice whenever I've rode it in the dry. (ie: seem to pedal my heart out but going nowhere!!!)

hitman
    Free Member

Sufr – cheers for that, a bit too far for me to drive if the conditions are poor.
    BTW didn't realise you live near aber, from your name I guess you get in the water – Alun Claire still about that way??

Surfr
    Free Member

When I created this pseudonym ('94) for Internet use I used to surf, but from the comfort of a plastic boat… And badly I should add. Can't say I know an alun claire though.

hitman
    Free Member

Surfr, no problem, I used to surf with Alun when I was in college and he was from Aber – last I heard h'd gone back home. BTW what bike is that?

Surfr
    Free Member

It's an orange st4 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nant-y-Arian or Coed-y-Brenin Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.