Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nant Y Arian
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Took a trip up today – rode Summit, great trail, jet fighters buzzing about – arrived at the final descent just as feeding time for the Kites, awesome day out.

Anyone ridden the longer one? Any good.

We fancied doing a second loop from the cross-over point to ride Zorro again, but ran out of time.

Oh and I tried a jump on a blind crest on the final section and dam near fell off a cliff – not doing that shit again!

martinhutch

Good, but very different in character. Summit has pretty much all the trail-centre bits, the longer one is mainly XC doubletrack, bit of tarmac etc.

Garry_Lager

Feeding time for the kites is a special sight.

I wasn’t that taken with the longer one through the hills (sounds like slitherin with an eagle sign?) just because it’s not what I visit a trail centre for. Perfectly nice ride, don’t get me wrong, but I do that sort of stuff all the time so am looking for a different style at a centre.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dai3015
    Free Member

There are some great bits on the Syfydrin trail though.

I agree, it’s not your typical trail centre ride, but it gets you out into the wilds with the knowledge that you’ve got all the good bits of the trail centre interspersed with some XC stuff. I really enjoyed it (even if I did get slightly lost and have a good few miles detour!!)

Klunk
    Free Member

the views are amazing

twonks

If you like open rides that are more of an adventure and almost old school style of riding with a good ol map and compass over the moors, then you’ll love the longer route.

I’ve done it a few times and it brings back memories of getting miles away from anywhere up in the Yokshire dales, long before trail cenres where a thing.

Almost makes the entrance back into the woods and trail centre land seem a bit ‘sigh’, but the riding is all good.

chvck
    Free Member

Do be warned that the first part of the main descent of the Syfydrin is really eroded at the moment. It’s fine but there is a bit that you want your wits about you as it’s pretty sketchy on the wrong line and you’re going warp speed by then.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Thanks for the info – it doesn’t sound like my bag but I’m happy to give Summit another whirl next time, possibly do the Zorro loop twice.

It’s about 2 hours from my place by car not quite close enough to put on my usual rota but I enjoyed it a lot.

wadam00
    Free Member

Oh and I tried a jump on a blind crest on the final section and dam near fell off a cliff – not doing that shit again!

Also did this …came really close to heading off the edge! Love the pump track there and the kids spent hours going round in circles.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nant Y Arian’ is closed to new replies.