Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nant Gwrtheyrn, toughest downhill in the UK?
  • kimbers

after doing the uplift there on saturday and id have to ask if anyone else has ridden it and if theyve ridden anything tougher in the UK, i cant think of anything

havent ridden much of the scottish DH trails
    but imho its tougher than
    Moelfre
    Cwmcarn
    Aston
    Ae

anyone else ridden it, how do you rate it?

id also like to say its got to be the nicest place to put a dh track and cafe

if only theyd turn it into a full blown trail centre!

alexxx
    Free Member

not been but doubt its the toughest, what makes you say that, technical, steep, big drops, hard to flow?

kimbers

steep, technical, rooty, rocky, slippery, it does flow, if you can hang on
    i think i was put off by the steepness of it all

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

pics and vid on their facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=166426259891

alexxx
    Free Member

theres some pretty steep tracks in the north east like kidland area, if you haven't been to hamsterly you should go you'd like the lower section of the main track, good technically and less steep but a few nice drops to make your brakes work 😀

kimbers

cheers may have to head up there

gonna try caersews next and see what thats like

kimbers

well the southerdownhill forum reckon glencoe maybe tougher and having seen some vids id be inclined to agree

also llangollen is a biotch too apparently

hmmmm i need to mtfu

chakaping
    Free Member

Caersws is really good, there's about 4 or 5 tracks there too. Might see you there on the next uplift weekend.

My pals were talking about us visiting this place, but it does look pretty gnarly. How many tracks are there?

I was going to say Glencoe – there was a video from a race there recently and it just looked terrifying tbh.

kimbers

yeah i saw the glencoe race vid

nant g is just one track but with uplift its more than enough, there are no big drops or anything major to hurt yourself on, its well worth a visit

although one guy managed to bust his shoulder on teh relatively flat and smooth bottom section
    he got a cool lift home tho….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nant Gwrtheyrn, toughest downhill in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.