Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Names on frames stickers
  • geoffj

This sort of thing – http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Personalised-bike-frame-Name-Stickers-Decals-Flag-or-Logo-The-Pro-Look?item=261002322301

Any recommendations?

*Let the ‘They look shit / pompous / cheap’ comments begin 😀

druidh
    Free Member

If you’re gonna do it, do it right!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

All the above but most of all, why?

brant
    Free Member

onion!

lynxx
    Free Member

I don’t like the look of them, but have been thinking about adding one to my bike (When it arrives). Something simple, that won’t stand out too much, as if part of the original sticker set. Then say, if the bike gets nicked you have a reference to knowing it’s exactly your bike. Something small, near the BB say.

geoffj

Something small, near the BB say.

Like a number or something? 😉

binners

Its the 2 wheeled equivalent to a private number plate, surely?

Gives those of us who aren’t self-absorbed narcissists the heads up about who to avoid, I suppose. So not entirely useless

boxfish
    Free Member

This ‘unique identifier’ adorns my bike. Any similarity to the owner is purely coincidental.

d45yth
    Free Member

Go to your local sign shop…have an idea of what font/colour you want and they’ll probably do them for you there and then. Last time I wanted some I think I was charged £2.50.
    They were for my old race bike, I wouldn’t put them on my trail bike! Also if some one fancies your bike for themselves it will make you easier to track down, especially if your name isn’t that common.

lynxx
    Free Member

Like a number or something?

😳

miketually
    Free Member

I made some with the label maker at work, though I doubt that they’ll last long.

My bike often gets recognised anyway: “weird bars and duct tape? You must be Mike!”

binners

Actually… you could have some fun with this. Nobody says it has to be your own name. Why not invent an alter-ego for yourself.

You could be RAF fighter Ace Wilberforce ‘Willy’ Crumpton-Smythe. Every time you go out on your bike you clip your vowels like an officer, wear a white cravat, and brag loudly in the pub of your wartime exploits, while downing double whiskeys

Or you could become recently arrived Spanish lethario Sierra De La Fuego, who’s just had to leave Spain for ‘business’ reasons, and grill anyone you meet about potential investment opportunities, as you need to get some serious Moolah out of the country… FAST!

Just a thought….. You could have a different identity every ride.

Think I may get some done myself now 😀

PJM1974
    Free Member

Nah…I’ll just do a Deed Poll and change my name to Specialized Enduro and presto!

Druidh, that is a lovely job there.

geoffj

Nah…I’ll just do a Deed Poll and change my name to Specialized Enduro and presto!

Might not work quite as well with the On-One Inbred though 😛

IHN

Gives those of us who aren’t self-absorbed narcissists the heads up about who to avoid, I suppose. So not entirely useless

Jeez honey, wrong side of the bed this morning?

Given how much folks like to customise/individualise their bikes with spangly bits, resprays etc, why not have your name on it?

I think druidh’s one looks cool. I’ve thought of doing something similar, but I don’t know anyone talented enough to design the graphics for me 😉

binners

Sorry. Bit harsh, that.

Anyway… I could have happily added your name to sirs stickers – which one of the two identities above would you have preferred? 😛

geoffj

Or you could become recently arrived Spanish lethario Sierra De La Fuego, who’s just had to leave Spain for ‘business’ reasons, and grill anyone you meet about potential investment opportunities, as you need to get some serious Moolah out of the country… FAST!

Did you get the inspiration for this character from someone on here?

jameso

You could be RAF fighter Ace Wilberforce ‘Willy’ Crumpton-Smythe. Every time you go out on your bike you clip your vowels like an officer, wear a white cravat, and brag loudly in the pub of your wartime exploits, while downing double whiskeys

Brilliant. If one of the weekly night ride regulars could keep this up I’d buy his whiskeys )

IHN

which one of the two identities above would you have preferred?

Neither. I shall be Princess Consuela Bananahammock.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Actually 😳 I was thinking about this, but from a slightly more practical point of view. I put a small chip in the paint work on the top tube of the road bike right next to the seat tube 👿 and I really need a small sticker just to cover it up. Really wanted a small union jack or similar. Something like this may work, but not sure about having your name on there.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

In a childish schoolboy manner, how about putting the name of someone you lust after (famous actress or whoever) on your bike. The conversations could then have endless innuendo

I rode Angelina Jolie last night
    Just had a rough ride with Angelina Jolie
    I jumped Angelina, etc

PDF – aged 14 & 3/4

mintimperial

When I started riding as a kid I used to go out with the local CTC group. The indestructible old-school roadie chap who organised it all had “Mel Gibson” written on his top tube.

Me: “Why have you got ‘Mel Gibson’ written on your bike?”
    Him: “Because it’s me name, lad.”

Melvin Gibson, lovely bloke.

Still think it’s a bit weird having your name on your bike though (unless you’re part of a team and you have to be able to pick yours off a rack of eight identical Pinarellos or something).

D0NK

just scribble your name or witticism onto the frame with permanent marker. Proper pro 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

CCA do them, and he’s a top bloke mostly winning the Gravity Enduros.

So long as it’s tongue in cheek enough it’s fine

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve used VC Graphix before, they seem good. Last well, look alright, various styles to choose from.

footflaps

Not mine..

Biggsy’s steed by brf, on Flickr

D0NK

Biggsy’s steed

he’s spelt it wrong then 🙂

…I really need a small sticker just to cover it up.

Like this 😛

Taff
    Free Member

I want something like that with a Welsh sticker and an ice number.

miketually
    Free Member

D0NK – Member
    just scribble your name or witticism onto the frame with permanent marker. Proper pro

Amateur. Put duct tape on the frame first, then marker pen.

GW
    Free Member

I think druidh’s one looks cool.

Wow! Really? Having your name on your bike only looks cool if you are under 12yrs old or you are actually a top rider and your team manager/mechanic had it done for you. Paying to have a sticker of your dweeby forum name done for your bike has surely gotta be one of the most uncool things ever.

GW
    Free Member

I’m gonna start carrying a permanent marker to draw a penis next to these stickers whenever I see one 😆

twinklydave

<arrogant little sod>

Ragley TD:1 Photos (c) Ragley – not for use without permission. by brantrichards, on Flickr

</arrogant little sod>

miketually
    Free Member

Show off.

nealglover
    Free Member

Paying to have a sticker of your dweeby forum name done for your bike has surely gotta be one of the most uncool things ever.

:mrgreen:

Must say, I do agree with that.

njee20
    Free Member

Permanent marker doesn’t last that long IME, I had “COCK” written on my top tube as a motivator (so I was told by the guys in the shop), but it didn’t last long sadly, made me chuckle!

binners

If you get a CD/DVD writing pen then it’ll stay on properly when you draw a great big hairy spunking cock and balls on anyone’s frame sporting their name.

I have now put one in my Camelback for every such eventuality. They’ve only themselves to blame, quite frankly 😆

emac65
    Free Member

I think frames look so much better without any stickers on them…….As for putting your name on,that just reminds me of when people used to have those crappy sun visor strips on cars across the windscreen with their name on it………

shandcycles
    Free Member

does this count? 🙂

Custom PathRacer by shandcycles, on Flickr

kimbers

i have this on mine

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Names on frames stickers’ is closed to new replies.