Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • "names on frames" frame stickers….. anyone got any experience of this guy?
  • rbrstr
    Free Member

this guy has had my money three weeks now, wont answer my emails so i initiated a paypal claim for my 9.95 and he responded with fake tracking information in an attempt to mislead paypal. havent had a refund yet so will wait 21 days and chargeback but anyone with similar experiences? the guys name is david beckwith trading as names on frames

Jamie
    Free Member

Seems a lot of grief just to try and diddle someone out of a tenner.

rbrstr
    Free Member

unless he’s diddled many others out of a tenner or more also? hence im asking on a cycling forum you muppet

Jamie
    Free Member

😀

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

8) Bit tetchy isn’t he! Don’t worry, your wee sticker will be here soon, imagine how ace you’ll look.

wiggles
    Free Member

These cost less than a tenner….

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

That didn’t go well.

6079smithw
    Free Member

I got some from a ‘typo_lee’ and all was well.

hora
    Free Member

OP Im looking to get some tags to put inside my coats. Do you have his details?

mooman
    Free Member

Oh dear!! Putting your name on your frame .. Three valid reasons spring to mind.

1. Your a pro rider. So your team needs to know which bike on top of the car is set up for you.

2. You suffer with memory loss. So remembering your name is difficult.

3. You have delusions of being … Awesome.

plecostomus
    Free Member

As above why do you want your name on the frame? If your good and fast people know who you are, unless you suffer from Alzheimer’s and forget your name so it’s to remind you.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Migt be an orange 5 at the trail centre cafe….i can understand why you would want your name on it then….

Rorschach
    Free Member

Might be an orange 5 at the trail centre cafe

Better off having someone else’s name on it in that case.Then you can pretend that your rigid steel ss has a puncture and you’re just borrowing it from a friend (and the audi is a hire car).

sheepdip71
    Free Member

You lot are mean…. but made me laugh a lot!!!

stevied
    Free Member

^ +1

oliverracing

Oh dear!! Putting your name on your frame .. Three valid reasons spring to mind.

1. Your a pro rider. So your team needs to know which bike on top of the car is set up for you.

2. You suffer with memory loss. So remembering your name is difficult.

3. You have delusions of being … Awesome.

Does building the frame count as a 4th? 🙄

DT78
    Free Member

I have my name on two of my bikes….. *ducks for cover*

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d just like to add, before the OP released the kraken, I wasn’t commentating on the pros/cons of having a name on your frame, more why a established business would run round ripping people of £9.95.

…even watsontony set his sights a little bit higher than that.

Rorschach
    Free Member

unless he’s diddled many others out of a tenner or more also

There can’t really be that many people vain/stupid/self obsessed/gullible (delete as appropriate) out there Shirley?

StuE
    Free Member

Setting up a web site and having a Facebook page seems a lot of trouble to scam people out of a tenner,
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Names-On-Frames/440335519356234

Home

stevious

I bought some last week that arrived promptly. Hope you get your order resolved OP.

Everyone else:

dave_h
    Free Member

I think the key point on the OPs message was

anyone with similar experiences?

As far as I can tell, only stevious’s reply was valid. The other posts all continue to confirm that STW-land is mostely inhabited by dickheads.

iainc

I have stickers on most bikes, handy for emergency services when I crash. I know this as the guys at the velodrome told me that’s how they identified me quickly when I was knocked out in a crash 🙂

scaredypants

stevious’s reply was valid

Well, yes, but using an inferior image that’s clearly lacking an apostrophe. I’m not sure we can accept it.

hora
    Free Member

You crashed into the Velodrome?

misinformer
    Free Member

As far as I can tell, only stevious’s reply was valid. The other posts all continue to confirm that STW-land is mostely inhabited by dickheads

Whilst I don’t disagree with your generalisation, the forum concensus tends to be that all threads are useless without pictures.

Got any eh?

Having cole trickle or “whateva” sticker on your bike does seem to be a bit tossbag though, if it was signwritten by a mastercraftsman fair nuff

What next “maverick” “goose” callsigns

Jamie
    Free Member

You crashed into the Velodrome?

Ian tells it as the velodrome crashed into him. He was just minding his own business.

epicyclo

How about your forum name on a bike though?

cynic-al
    Free Member

This thread has given me the lols.

Each to their own and all but any time I see a name on a top tube I wince a little (unless its a pro, or a forum name)

Basil

Change your name to Stumpy, Shiv TT or 5

benji
    Free Member

The other posts all continue to confirm that STW-land is mostely inhabited by dickheads.

posted by dave_h

just for pure irony does the h stand for head? and the _ where the swear filter removed the word dick, or is richard your middle name

timmys

(unless its a pro, or a forum name)

Am I missing something? How is a forum name any less tragic?

Basil

I wouldn’t want dick head written on me bike.

again

legend
    Free Member

How is a forum name any less tragic?

imo it’s even more tragic than using your real name

epicyclo

timmys – Member

Dunno, but I was thinking of putting it on my bike so folk know who to avoid at races like the SSEC and other such events.

soops
    Free Member

This thread has made me smile lots.
    I might have to get my name made for my bike now! 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

It helps STWers recognise each other during mating season.

soops
    Free Member

My full name is 16 letters long. Does he charge more for more letters?

Note to self – must buy an Orange 5 and an Audi!

Basil

Can I have somebody else’s name on my bike?

stevio

i’ve my nickname on my mtb, but my full name on my road bike as i’m worried that otherwise i’ll be mistaken for Cav or Peter Kennaugh *i live on the Isle of Man*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘"names on frames" frame stickers….. anyone got any experience of this guy?’ is closed to new replies.