• This topic has 90 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Names- come on. I need 'simulated' playground negativity on this choice
  • ourmaninthenorth

Arthur. A strong name, unusual yet 'not' unusual and possibly future-proofed.

Next door neighbours have just had their first. He's caled Arthur. My mother's reaction was to describe it (positively) as a strong name. But she's Welsh (King Arthur, etc.).

Our youngest son is called Jago. Not many of them around.

Went to school with a Jago, who was also known as Jake.

having a red haired son I don't have a problem with that, but one advantage – they learn to fight well!!

As a red-haird son, I concur. 😀

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I'm not sure it matters anymore. Since minor celebrities started calling their kids after any town they might have conceived in, or just putting two existing names together to form a new nonsense name, it seems anything goes.

But wasn't Suzanne Vega singing from the point of view of a woman in "My name is Luca"?

How about a nice traditional name?

My kids are Agnes and Arthur.

hora
    Free Member

Redheaded girls are stunning. FACT.

ourmaninthenorth

Redheaded girls are stunning. FACT.

I am not putting on a dress for you..!

hora
    Free Member

Well hell-lo Sailor

toys19
    Free Member

Facegina

Thats the 2nd time today I've spat my drink over my keyboard. What a great name.

hora – Member

Redheaded girls are stunning. FACT

And an excellent management training resource.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

In my time, I've encountered (I almost said come across, but that sounded a bit odd…..) kids with the names Lambrini, Martini, Stella, if it's OK to name the child after whatever alcoholic drink had been consumed prior to conception then Luca is fine by me.

In my son's case, he should be named Vodka Red Bull, but the fashion for alcoholic inspired names hadn't arisen 10 years ago, so very straightforward & conventional Joshua it was.

hora
    Free Member

In that case he would be known as:

My fave tipple (and pic is of models own setup) 😆

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

So would that be Gay Ginger then Hora?

Karinofnine

Ben(jamin)'s nice, so is Tim(othy) or Michael (Mike), Anthony (Tony), Jon(athan, James, Mark. All pretty bomb proof.

My name is Karin, so I have the pronounciation/spelling conversation A LOT. Karen, Carlin, Carine, Corinne, Karly, even Kevin once. It's like car in a garage .. car – in .. Karin oh yes, ok Kurrin.

hora
    Free Member

It actually tastes STUNNING- mix 3 parts rum to 1 part Ginger beer.

It just looks and reads sooo wrong..

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Names- come on. I need 'simulated' playground negativity on this choice’ is closed to new replies.