Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Name your greatest achievement!
  • cinnamon_girl

Don’t know about anyone else but all these fantastic challenges taking place, ie SDW triple, are making me feel totally insignificant in the world!

Let’s big ourselves up and feel good. 🙂

Over to you folk …

cinnamon_girl

Is it OK to name mine?

Apart from my kids it’s running a cross-country marathon. 8)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Nothing particularly difficult compared to most on here, but riding the C2C in a day is mine.
    To cyclists it’s not a great achievement, but to most non-cyclists i mention it to they think i was mad for considering it 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

completing the MT Loop last year…. first time for me… 😉

kayak23

One of them was summoning up the guts to run Silverback rapid on the Nile in Uganda for the first time. Video makes the waves look relatively medium. They were mahoosive on the water!
    Rapid has gone now due to a dam. I was frickin nervous going into that for sure, got pasted and swam too. Did it later ok though 😯
    (Not me in video)
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YIHdAm76p4[/video]

galactus
    Free Member

Getting a route in he South Devon and Dartmoor climbing new routes supplement 😀

uponthedowns
    Free Member

On a bike La Marmotte last year and hopefully again this year.

althepal

Done a few fun thi gs in my life, prob most proud of this though..

Junkyard
    Free Member

kids not allowed it what all parent think of first – my four year old just read that aloud

tazzymtb

it what all parent think of first

LOL I didn’t….this makes me a very bad person 🙁

greatest achievement for me…..still breathing, despite my best efforts as a teenager 🙂

argoose
    Free Member

Helping the Welsh Gaurds off the Sir Galahad

rotten
    Free Member

Being the first of my riding buddies to pull of a no handed cherrypicker back in ’85.

cinnamon_girl

argoose – yes, that really is something you can be proud of. 🙂

lunge

Beating Mark Lewis-Francis over 100m at 15. I then got fat and he got quick.

geologist
    Free Member

In a similar way to the post above, being lapped by Mo Farah, only once 🙂

kudos100
    Free Member

Yesterday I farted and almost followed through. It was a close call, but I managed to save it. Quite proud of this moment.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Completing the Seattle to Portland back on 1991; also playing in a gig at the Munich Olympic Stadium a few years ago has to be up there as well.

argoose
    Free Member

Kudos
    He he, thats what I tell the “Had any accidents?” People in town’ but I tell them I did follow through

oldgit
    Free Member

argoose, agree with cg. Sadly my BIL didn’t make it off. REME attached to the Welsh Guards.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Completing a degree part time in my 40s

Completing the strathpuffer

althepal

What?? No kids? Bah!
    Ok then, going over to Albania a few years ago to work with kids in orphanages- doing maintenance/painting in their houses, took over football kit for them, and played various matches against local teams.
    And swimming in their fountains which the police weren’t too happy about apparently!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

being a co-founder of a company which is about to relaunch with a brand spanking new site.

in some ways i don’t care if it works or not – i’ve had the most amazing 18 months, massive highs and massive lows. i’ll either go away from this pennyless, or completely the opposite – it just doesn’t matter in a lot of ways 🙂

(being named as one of the best ever travel websites by the guardian was rather nice too 🙂 )

mjsmke

Working in America on a global project and getting a mortgage. Both at 23 years old. 28 now.

SD-253
    Free Member

A hundred mile run it was the Ramsbottom something or other it was a one of they never did it again. Well walk and run. The rule is walk uphill run on the flat and downhill. But most of the offroads parts were to slippy to run downhill. After reaching final checkpoint a school had a sit down cup tea and a small scoff and then had to walk out of the school to a bus stop and catch a bus, a train (only about 15 miles on train) and then another bus????? couldn’t make it to first bus stop called a taxi cost me a fortune. Driver carried bag into house and then helped me in. Turned on hot water got in bath stayed there for about 4 hours topping up with hot water all the time. Didn’t do much next day!!!!

oldgit
    Free Member

SD-253 I hold the second fastest run time on the old Polaroid SDW run. This is also not run any longer. I was having a duel with another runner, the record holder. We were running to the finish and were spotted by the organisers who had to speed to the finish to meet us!
    Competing and finishing the first ever UK full Ironman felt a biggy as well.

yossarian
    Free Member

Becoming a dad twice. Owning a house. Etc. All the usual boring stuff plus pulling a foot long tapeworm out of my arse without breaking it when I was a kid.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Riding for a lot of Kms alongside a winner of the Vuelta a España and being able to keep up.

oldgit
    Free Member

Did that involve Bromptons Dales rider?

glenh
    Free Member

In sport, probably getting my arse up this:

or across this:

chiefP
    Free Member

ACL Surgery 16th August 2009

21st August 2010 completed the 7 day Transwales.

Highlight of my biking so far!

_tom_
    Free Member

Losing over 10 stone of weight, just through biking and not eating like a fat ****, though a bit of a shallow victory as i never should have got that way in the first place!

Other than that, getting out to Whistler for a summer, last year was the best of my life so far!

Every time i do a big climb on my bullit with boxxers i feel a sense of achievement, took it up snowdon as well as most of the popular xc rides in Whistler including the long road climb to kadenwood which was torture!

dingabell
    Free Member

BAGA 4 AND!!! 3 gymnastics badges in first school. What a proud moment for my parents. God…..I think that’s probably it really, and I’m in my 40’s now. 😕

druidh
    Free Member

Family excepted, probably compleating the Munros.

Managing my life to being able to retire at 50 has to be up there though.

markwalker
    Free Member

rode the gr5 from mont blanc back to morzine, first lift up mont brevent ,over three mountains and back to robo’s before closing . a 11 hour ride, definetly the hardest ride but awesome. one desent on goat track switch backs took over an hour , brilliant ride .

burnie
    Free Member

I got out of bed this morning!

jj55

Being Mayor of my hometown for 2 years! Not sure how it came about and I was very relieved when it was all over as it really got in the way of biking (oh and family life!). But looking back I’m proud to have done it.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Being Welsh Junior MTB Champion and Welsh Junior Cycle Cross champion.

flip
    Free Member

1.20 half marathon.

Doing my hobby for a job for the last 4 years, and making $$$ at it.

allthegear
    Free Member

Fitting a Rohloff to my bike this afternoon has me pretty amazed at myself! 🙂

Those that know me and my past, though, will know I have something else I’m pretty proud of.

Rachel

bullheart
    Free Member

My daughter. Nothing else even compares.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Name your greatest achievement!’ is closed to new replies.