Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Name your favourite and least favourite comedian
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

stewart lee for best

Jack Whitehall is my least favourite at the moment. The jokes seem very weak, I can imagine him being popular at student nights but can’t understand how he has become main stream popular.

landofgiants
    Free Member

Favourite- Billy Connelly from back in the day

Worst- that Iranian bird.

fasthaggis

Fav ..Eddie Izzard .best live act I have seen.

Worst .. The very overrated ..Lee Evans

julianwilson
    Free Member

Can’t believe it was a whole page before anyone mentioned Jim Davidson. Yes I suppose he is y least favourite. And Joe Pasquale.

I quite like that Henning Wehn off the radio, Rich Hall and Ross Noble.
    However the great thing about Russel Howard’s Good news is that watching it I discovered the truly extraordinary Reggie Watts. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

crazy-legs – Member
    Favourites: Jack Dee, Ardal O’Hanlon

Did you know Ardal has just announced a new tour?

Anyway, mine-
    Have to go current & old, as per
    Fave current: Micky Flanegan (despite the fact that he’s every-bloody-where
    Fave old: Alexei Sayle – just the funniest live comedian ever (and I have seen em all!). Physical pain after the gig from laughing so damn hard. & Frank Skinner – fantastic live (dunno what he’d be like now)

Least fave old: Bob Monkhouse (just his face makes me cringe and his delivery: shite)
    Least fave current: Shappi. Just not funny.

I like Frankie Boyle, but just cos he winds so many people up.
    The OP’s choice is very odd – Stephen K Amos – real MOR, unfunny stuff in the Bobby Davro league (that’s a real league you know) IMO.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Miranda Hart must have the best agent in the business

Probably got the same agent as Emile Sande.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

banks – Member

Russell Howard failed childrens tv presenter so went into ‘comedy’

Best has got to be Lee Evans or Stephen Lee for me

…the snooker player ??

DougD

Best: Daniel Kitson

Worst: Didn’t find Jack Whitehall that amusing, not a great fan of Michael McIntyre

sunnrider
    Free Member

Bill Hicks + Billy Conolly in the hairy days, unbeatable.

Would pay to watch them both beat the living cr@p out of Michael McIntyre

rudebwoy
    Free Member

bobby chariot ?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

al murray, mcintyre and john bishop are stealing a livin. Bishop has turned into a bad impression of himself.

kennyp
    Free Member

Favourites. John Finnemore, Andy Zaltzman, Mark Watson, Henning Wehn.

Hate. Frankie Boyle. Most overrated git I’ve ever had the bad luck to see. Totally unfunny and a very sad man.

beej

Bobby Chariot? The mere mention of him just made me chuckle. Not as good since he’s been on pills for his nerves. And living in his Jag.

Cletus

Like Ross Noble, Sean Hughes and Frank Skinner (not been out much lately)

When I had encephalitis I was convinced that Jack Dee was trying to murder me. I quite liked him before but cannot watch him nowadays.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Nice to see Kitson getting a shout. Shame I’m always a few minutes late to book when I get his emails.

Excellent… So many. Of those I’ve seen this year Bridget Christie, Micky Flanagan and Brendan Burns were outstanding.

Bad… Peter Kay, lazy stuff. Michael McIntyre of course. Getting a bit bored by Susan Calman.

djc1245
    Free Member

Best. Eric Morecombe, Les Dawson, Billy Connolly, Tommy Cooper, 2 Ronnies, Bill Bailey, Sean Lock, Max Wall, Lee Mack, Monty Python team

Worst. Lenny Henry

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Bobby Chariot? The mere mention of him just made me chuckle. Not as good since he’s been on pills for his nerves. And living in his Jag.

+1

dewydd
    Free Member

Surprised no one’s mentioned Jimeoin, either good or bad. I think he’s pretty funny

mikey74
    Free Member

Gina Yashere!! That’s who I was thinking of: Burning her at the stake would be funnier.

Best – Doug Stanhope, Jerry Sadowitz, Stewart Lee

Worst – some of the amateurs I’ve seen at The Stand in Glasgow (although I have seen Mssrs Bridges & Boyle there at 2 quid a pop).

deviant
    Free Member

Henning Wehn is good, Jim Jeffries also, Sean Locke, Jon Richardson….its rare to find a stand-up i dont like to be honest.

BoardinBob

Best: Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope

Worst: Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle, Michael McIntyre

Northwind

Jim Jeffries can be brilliant… Sometimes gets a bit too caught up in the shock-and-awe, but his delivery and craft can be just perfect. Getting my mum to laugh at a punchline like “You’re making this rape really awkward!” is impressive stuff.

lodious
    Free Member

Rich Hall / Bernard Manning. Do I need to say which is which?

vorlich
    Free Member

Don’t have favourites, but Simon Evans was very funny the few times I’ve seem him on telly.

2bit

Favourite/s: early Chris Rock (Bigger & Blacker), Daniel Kitson, Sean lock, Bill Hicks, possibly Stephen K Amos (seen him twice – once was excellent & cryed with laughter, the other was midly amusing & very dissapointing), Reg D, Jimmy Carr, Kevin Bridges

Proper sh!t/s: Jim Davidson/Roy ‘unfunny’ Brown/Bernard M etc, Miranda, Shappi Korsandi, Nina Conti, John bishop, Lee Evans, Harry Hill

wrecker
    Free Member

Rich hall is brilliant. I don’t like any who are too political. Not a fan of Stewart lee.
    The worst I’ve ever seen is Andrew dice clay.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Ricky Gervais

Ricky Gervais

Theres a lot of hate in the room for Miranda, surprises me.
    I for one have a minor crush on her

derek_starship
    Free Member

For all those slagging off Miranda: when will I next see you on TV?

Once again STW proves it is subscribed to by A LOT of pretentious, sanctimonious and pious pricks.

I love them all for having a go. Hicks, Hart, Izzard, Carr et al. Good for them not getting splinters in their arses and heckling from that over populated fence.

donks
    Free Member

Best: peter cook
    Worst: Frank Sidebottom

Philby

Favs: Daniel Kitson, Rhod Gilbert, Stephen K Amos, Ben Elton, Billy Connelly (when he was in his prime), Les Dawson, Ronnie Barker

Dislike: Miranda, John Bishop, Harry Hill, Johnny Vegas, Ricky Gervais

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Bill Bailey of the current generation but as mentioned above Billy Connolly was brilliant way back when. Had the good fortune to see him at the Hammersmith Apollo in his prime and wept with laughter.

Love Milton Jones for his clever one liners too.

Worst: never really understood the appeal of Lee Evans.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Have to confess I’d never heard of Daniel Kitson until now and have just been YouTube-ing him.

The guy’s a genius.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Favourites: Bill Bailey, Eddie Izzard, Tim Minchin

Least favourite: Lee Evans, Roy Chubby Brown, Jim Davidson (had a friend whose dad loved them, was excruciating going around her house when he was watching them).

RealMan
    Free Member

Favourite would probably be Stewart Lee..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkI9h7EGYvI[/video]

Least favourite is tricky, anyone I see that sucks I usually won’t hang around to get their name.. Ricky Gervais? For some reason I have him in my mind as sucking really badly, but I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen him much so I’m not sure what that’s based on.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

best John Shuttleworth
    worst Lenny Henry

cheburashka
    Free Member

+1 Tim Minchin, along with Steve Hughes, Al Murray, Dara O’Briain, Rhod Gilbert.

Least favourites: Miranda, Michael McIntyre, Phill Jupitus, Jack Whitehall, Paddy McGuinness.

The likes of Manning, Chubby Brown etc don’t even register.

andytherocketeer

Can’t decide on favourite.

Can’t stand Jimmy Carr or Michael Macintyre.
    Someone mentioned Ricky Gervais. WOuldn’t even classify him as a comedian. Aren’t they supposed to be funny? Can’t stand him either, anyway.

edhornby

when I was at university I was persuaded to go and see Bernard Mannning at the embassy; I went on the rationale of ‘I can say I’ve seen him’

his first 20 minutes were great – not offensive, just oldschool funny with great timing and really had the crowd fixed, I could see why he got big gigs at Vegas…

then the racist stuff started and he COMPLETELY died on his arse in his own club (with the exception of a few sycophants at the front who would have laughed at a train timetable)

I like Dara O’Brian, his stand up is good

Philby

Have to confess I’d never heard of Daniel Kitson until now and have just been YouTube-ing him.

The guy’s a genius.

He’s generally regarded as the comedians’ favourite comedian. Doesn’t appear on TV anymore after a fall-out with Peter Kay. I’ve seen him a few times, but is one of the gigs you really need to book immediately as despite his lack of profile on TV, tickets go really quickly. Last time I saw him I had to put up with Tony Robinson (of Baldrick fame) playing with his young girlfriends g-string in the seats in front, which was rather off-putting to say the least.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Name your favourite and least favourite comedian’ is closed to new replies.