Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Name your favourite and least favourite comedian
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

For me right now, Stephen K Amos is my favourite. Seen him live three times now, great guy.

Least funny is Miranda in her series “Miranda” – my message to her: stick to,stand up love, it suits you much better!

banks
    Free Member

Russell Howard 😕 failed childrens tv presenter so went into ‘comedy’

Best has got to be Lee Evans or Stephen Lee for me

jam-bo

Favourite: Bill hicks
    Least: Peter Kay

JEngledow
    Free Member

Favourite is probably Ross Noble and least favourite is Shappi Khorsandi.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Favourite: Michael MacIntyre and The Pub Landlord
    Least Favourite: Eddie Izzard & Stewart Lee.

Smudger666

Reginald d hunter is doing it for me ATM.

Least funny – frankie Boyle

sadexpunk

best – peter kay or mickey flanagan

least – lee evans (EDIT: and frankie boyle 😀

rudebwoy
    Free Member

saw Reg D Hunter– he was up there with the best- there are so many crap ones you could fill the albert hall

sputnik
    Free Member

Franky Boyle sucks.
    Al Murray makes me laugh.

Houns

Fav are Frankie Boyle, jimmy Carr, John bishop, Greg Davies, Jack Whitehall

Least fav ShappiKhorsandi. She’s Iranian you know, she’s also a woman in case you didn’t get that. Stuart Lee

bencooper
    Free Member

Reg D Hunter, Bill Bailey or Rich Hall possibly favourite. Can’t stand Julian Clary or Michael Macintyre.

Cougar

I’m mostly loving Rhod Gilbert at the moment.

Dunno as I have a ‘least favourite’. I tend to ignore the ones I don’t like.

Love – Frank Skinner & Stuart Lee

Hate – John Bishop & Paddy McGuiness

Drac

Currently like John Bishop but he is appearing too much on TV and that play he did at Xmas, The Panto maybe, lost him a lot of credit.

Worst is Miranda get her off the TV and any form of entertainment just awful.

Stoner
    Free Member

Most: Henning Wehn
    Least: Sue Perkins.

Generally dont watch TV, so my comedians are R4 ones.

emac65
    Free Member

Best – Rhod Gilbert
    Worst – David Cameron

trailmonkey

most favourite – ben elton circa 1982 – 1990.

least favourite – ben elton ever since.

Marin
    Free Member

Best: Bill Hicks R.I.P.
    Worst: Fat bag Miranda. Why does being fat stupid and clumsy make you funny. If this was true walking down the local high street would be hilarious.

nuke

Current Fav – Greg Davies – Saw him live last year…weren’t sure what to expect but found him very funny and a genuinely affable chap

Current Least Fav – Katherine Ryan – She been on Mock The Week, 8 Out Of 10 Cats etc recently. Not funny imo

athgray
    Free Member

Like Frankie Boyle, Kevin Bridges
    Dislike Jimmy Carr

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Best: Stewart Lee
    Worst: Frankie Boyle

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is Frankie Boyle a comedian? I thought comedians were meant to be funny.

Bestest – Barry Cryer, Tim B-T and Graeme Garden. And Colin Sell, of course.

RustySpanner

Favourite – David Sedaris.
    Or if stand up, Stewart Francis, Tim Vine or Kevin Bridges.
    And I like Miranda. 😀

Least favourite – Sarah Millican.
    She’s ok, but she’s been on every single TV programme for the last 3 years.
    Can’t stand Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr, Michael Macintyre, Russell Howard, Andy Parsons or Chris Addison.

aracer
    Free Member

I can’t believe nobody has yet suggested Brendan O’Carroll as the worst.

Bez

The worst is clearly Andrew Dice Clay and anyone who nominates anyone else clearly hasn’t been unfortunate enough to have seen even a minute of his material.

Best is tricky. Lots to choose from.

johnellison
    Free Member

If I met John Bishop I’d probably shoot him in the face (but then I have a pathological hatred of anything from Merseyside). If he was with Michael Macintyre, I’d stripe ’em both. Then Frankie Boyle.

However, I would let Ross Noble, Lee Mack and Al Murray bring me tea and biscuits.

lucien

Stoner

Most: Henning Wehn

– really? Heard him a couple of times on R4, and just don’t get it?

Best, mmmm so many to choose from and echo a lot of the above. On reflection, Bill Hicks, Rhod Gilbert, Jimmy Carr, Sean White to name a few.

johnellison
    Free Member

This. I absolutely detest the man.

starrman82
    Free Member

Liking, Stewart Francis, Shaun Lock, Bill Hicks (when he was still with us), Jack Dee in his hay day.
    Not so keen on, Michael Macintyre, Russell Howard, Shappi…

sadexpunk

sorry, never heard of him.

ski
    Free Member

Harry Hill is awful, had the misfortune to see him before his Fame with TV, biggist laugh was a heckler telling him as he walked off stage, to ‘get a haircut’

Another fan of Frank Skinner

Gweilo
    Free Member

I would pay to be allowed to execute Roy Chubby Brown

Least Fav: Michael Macintyre, John Bishop, Miranda Hart -I’ve seen a funnier stone than her

Favs: Rich Hall, Rhod Gilbert, Reginald D Hunter

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Dunno if he’s strictly a comedian, but Alan Carr really makes me grind my teeth. No real favourite

lunge

Favourite – Bill Bailey, Jim Jefferies, Kevin Bridges. The second gave the finest stand up performance I have ever seen whilst being so drunk he couldn’t stand up.

Least – Chubby Brown is just appalling, Miranda I wouldn’t even describe as a comedian, Andy Parsons is also very unfunny IMO.

Creg

Fav – Marcus Brigstocke

Least Fav – Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr, Chris Ramsey

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Favourites: Sean Locke, Al Murray, Greg Davies, Simon Day.

Worst: Jim Davidson or anyone of that ilk.

Northwind

Ross Noble gave the best standup performance I’ve ever seen. Reginald D Hunter probably the worst.

I love Simon Munnery. He’s the definition of hit and miss, but somehow it’s the misses that make the hits so good.

aracer
    Free Member

sorry, never heard of him.

If I mention “Mrs Brown’s Boys” would that help? (I had to google)

crazy-legs

Favourites: Jack Dee, Ardal O’Hanlon, Rhod Gilbert, Bill Bailey
    Least favourite: Michael McIntyre, Jim Davidson (and all like him). I also can’t watch Tommy Cooper – how anyone can find him a “legend” is beyond me, the guy was cringeworthy.

Honourable mentions have to go to Ronnie Barker and David Jason for being the best in TV comedy.

mikey74
    Free Member

I tell you what though: Miranda Hart must have the best agent in the business. To get someone that unfunny, and that untalented, so much work is nothing short of a miracle. Perhaps she sold her soul, or something.

Funniest: Dara O’Briain; Rhod Gilbert; Rich Hall; Reg D. Hunter; Milton Jones is quite amusing; Bill Bailey. Do they have to be current? Morecambe and Wise.

Least funny: Roy Chubby Brown, Jim Davidson, and anyone of their ilk. Most female comedians these days, with the possible exception of Sarah Millican: Sorry to be sexist, but to spend all your time wittering on about periods and getting a boyfriend does not cut it. Who is that other one who’s sole repertoire consists of doing impressions of her Jamaican mother? Oh, and I can’t watch Lee Evans either.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Name your favourite and least favourite comedian’ is closed to new replies.