Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Name this kids' film, if you can
  • molgrips
    Free Member

My daugher age 4 insists we own a film where a cat and a dog love each other, it has pets and people in it, but there’s a bad cat that turns out to be a robot cat. There’s also a merry-go-round that the bad robot cat is trying to destroy.

I think she dreamt it to be honest.

Junkyard
    Free Member

does she eat a lot of cheese?

portlyone

Cats and Dogs?

camo16
    Free Member

Sounds like film gold. 😉

If it doesn’t exist already, get started on that script!

Can the bad robot cat be called Nigel, please?

There’d better be a good reason why this merry-go-round needs to be destroyed. Maybe it powers an underground dog powerstation?

Peyote
    Free Member

It could be an amalgamation of multiple films/TV. The merry-go-round destruction thing could be the Magic Roundabout? Zeebad tries to destroy it in the film…

Not sure about the cat/dog love thing or the robot cat though.

warton
    Free Member

Hijack.

I remember a kds tv programme years ago, like late 70s early 80s. No one has EVER been able to tell me what it is.

it’s possibly swiss, or german, dubbed I think. a boy and his pet duck, and his dad works in a nuclear power station, possibly.

any ideas?

PS, OP, that sounds like cats and dogs?

MrsToast
    Free Member

Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore? The finale is in a fairground where the evil cat has a satellite in a flying chairs ride? And has a cat called Paws who has a metal mouth?

molgrips
    Free Member

She does eat a lot of cheese.
    She has a wild and detailed imagination.
    She is bonkers.
    She has seen the magic roundabout film once.

But she said no train, no snow, no cow….

Holy cow.. I also remember the boy and pet duck show.. but that’s all I remember. A yellow raincoat and/or sou-wester featured, didn’t it?

Cats and dogs sequel sounds very promising.. we don’t own it but maybe she saw it on telly.. hmm.. is there a cat and a dog who fall in love?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do the poster Mrs Toast Do the poster NOW 😀

crispy
    Free Member

Cats And Dogs

The Sequel: The revenge of Kitty Galore

Sounds like the second one from memory.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Cats and dogs?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve seen Cats and Dogs about 50,000 ****ing times, it’s definitely not that. The sequel though perhaps.

andytherocketeer

Warton’s one sounds familiar. Was thinking it might have been a goose.

IHN

Second hijack:

Anyone remember Silas, it was one every summer holidays and was dubbed from (probably) German, about a lad who nicked a horse who had a mate with polio or something?

Only me?

MrsToast
    Free Member

Do the poster Mrs Toast Do the poster NOW

I’m not sure I could do it justice, especially compared to the sheer magnificence of the official posters!

It’s got a rebel German Shepherd and a feisty feline lady partner…

camo16
    Free Member

Silas! Haven’t thought about that in ages… some lad with curly dark hair and a waistcoat, plus horse?

IHN

That’s the fella 🙂 I was starting to think I’d imagined it…

warton
    Free Member

Holy cow.. I also remember the boy and pet duck show.. but that’s all I remember. A yellow raincoat and/or sou-wester featured, didn’t it?

Warton’s one sounds familiar. Was thinking it might have been a goose.

I’m not alone!!!!

Could of been a goose, yeah

Harry_the_Spider

I remember a kds tv programme years ago, like late 70s early 80s. No one has EVER been able to tell me what it is.

it’s possibly swiss, or german, dubbed I think. a boy and his pet duck, and his dad works in a nuclear power station, possibly.

Oscar, Kina and the Laser.

An everyday story of a boy, his duck and a talking table lamp.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076967/

pymwymis
    Free Member

Sounds like Dougal and the Blue Cat to me. It’s a hell of a lo g time since I saw it. It was a spin off from magic Roundabout.

Let me know if that’s what she means cos now you’ve got me hooked. I now have to know !

stumpy01

IHN – Member
    Second hijack:

Anyone remember Silas, it was one every summer holidays and was dubbed from (probably) German, about a lad who nicked a horse who had a mate with polio or something?

Yeah, he got locked in a windmill or barn for a while by some mad old crow. He had a bloody huge horse.

Another hijack….who remembers Ulysees the cartoon & Cities of Gold with the Golden flying Condor thing??

Drac

Another hijack….who remembers Ulysees the cartoon & Cities of Gold with the Golden flying Condor thing??

Yup bloody awful and the series ran for ages, it was the cue for me to switch off the TV.

camo16
    Free Member

“Another hijack, you say?”

andytherocketeer

damn got theme tunes stuck in my head now 👿

molgrips
    Free Member

I showed her a trailer of the Revenge of Kitty Galore, she seems to think that’s it. We don’t own it though.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

stumpy01 – Member

Remember it? I have the box set of Cities of Gold!

Both the missus and I remember it fondly from childhood and picked up the box set on sale cheap

It’s one of those things that you remember as being great but should really just cherish the memories and not go back and revisit. Like most 8-bit video games.

Watching it again as an adult, it was utterly nonsensical.

The opening theme sequence is still awesome though 🙂

Cougar

Sounds like Dougal and the Blue Cat to me.

Exactly what I was thinking.

.who remembers Ulysees the cartoon

That would be “Ulysees 31”. (-:

ThePinkster

Remember it? I have the box set of Cities of Gold!

Both the missus and I remember it fondly from childhoodOh god I feel old reading that….
    Anyone remember the cartoon version of the Count of Monte Cristo? That’s one I used to love.

camo16
    Free Member

While we’re on the subject…

Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds? Anyone?

timidwheeler

No one else ever remembers Benji, Zax and the Alien Prince. I wonder if I dreamt it…?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I remember being pretty excited by the short lived centurions:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szjcCB8m3G8[/video]

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

No one else ever remembers Benji, Zax and the Alien Prince. I wonder if I dreamt it…?

I remember Benji Zax and the alien prince, and so does youtube:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71QkcZQgOH4[/video]

mikey3
    Free Member

groovie ghoulies anyone?

timidwheeler

Bless you.

andytherocketeer

Would have discounted Dougal and the Blue Cat because it’s so old, but apparently it was re-released. Had the soundtrack to that on an old 33rpm, but no idea what happened to it.

Oscar and Kina might have been the duck/goose one. I thought it was a series, but might have been a movie on TV split over 2-3 days. Was a long time ago.

Can remember Benji and Zax, but I guess it was never as popular.

Was going to check out the Red Hand Gang again at some point. Some wicked bikes iirc.

Last retro thing I watched was Dr Snuggles. Douglas Adams episode (“The Remarkable Fidgety River”) was particularly good / strange.

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife came back from town with a box set of Round the Twist the other day.

portlyone

who remembers Ulysees the cartoon & Cities of Gold with the Golden flying Condor thing??

Watched Cities of Gold as a kid and not long after moved to Peru. It was fun when touring the country to remember what happened in the cartoon.

loum
    Free Member

She might be getting a bit of Bolt in that dream too 🙂
    It’s got pets, people, cats, dogs and robot baddies.
    Worth a watch if you she hasn’t seen it.

portlyone

“Ring, ring! Who’s there? Destiny? I’ve been expecting your call.”

MrsToast
    Free Member

Continuing the hi-jack, my favourite childhood cartoons were:

Ulysess 31 – although I can’t really remember much other than the theme tune, the blue skinned people hanging asleep, and the annoying robot sidekick (because most 80s cartoons needed an annoying robot sidekick).

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors – Written by J. Michael Straczynski, who was also responsible for Babylon 5. Also, BEST. THEME TUNE. EVER.

Dungeons & Dragons – used to have to sit through The Raccoons, which I HATED, waiting for it to come on. It’s ace. Also, if Venger sounds familiar, it’s because he’s voiced by Peter Cullen, who was the same guy who did the voice of Optimus Prime (and also KARR, KITT’s evil ‘twin’ from Knight Rider).

Gummi Bears – Again, mostly remember the theme tune. I’m sure it was awesome though.

Dogtanian and the Muskerhounds – absolutely loved this show. Also, my parents used to take us to a Beefeater pub, and the kids meals were Dogtanian-branded, so I also associated it with delicious burgers and tiny doughnut balls with hot chocolate sauce and ice-cream. And a Dogtanian kite, which my brother flew too high despite my protests, and the string snapped. I cried for aaaaages. But yeah, mostly good memories…

Thundercats – my brother and I had matching Swords of Omens. Toys, obviously…

Jem & The Holograms – Mild mannered A&R executive by day, big haired glam rocker by night. She had earrings that were hooked up to a super computer that could project a hologramatic image onto her, changing her appearance (hence why her dopey boyfriend didn’t realise that he was in a love ‘triangle’ with his girlfriend and… his girlfriend.)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Name this kids' film, if you can’ is closed to new replies.